+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to modify application to include wife

Neole

Sep 24, 2008
I have applied for the immigration to Canada. My application has not yet been processed but I have been assigned a number.

I wish to include my wife in the appliaction. I was not married when I applied.

Is it possible to do this? The application would then be for 2 people, and I would have to pay the extra fees. Can it be done?

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
You just send a letter to the consulate telling them that your marital status is changed and attach marriage certificate. They will send what additional documents to be submitted and what applications to be amended. In my case CHC Buffalo sent like that.

Neole

Sep 24, 2008
Thanks for the information!

When is the latest the application can be modified to include wife (and children)? Is there any step after which no modifications are possible?

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
I dont think so...

I included my wife after I finished my medicals.. I mean I got married after I finished medicals.... it should be ok before u land as PR..

Neole

Sep 24, 2008
Thanks for the info bramyah.

After you got married you sent the changed forms and the fees for your wife, and both of you got the PR on entry in Canada. Is that correct?

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Once I got married I informed the consulate.

They sent me the details and applications, fee to be submitted. Submitted those, got the medicals... done with medicals..

Both are waiting!!