+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to know How many people have move out of province after PR or planing to ?

quinton0121

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
I think a lot of people will have the same question as I have , it that really ok or not ok to move out of province after getting pr ?

I heard that it is your right to choose any province to stay , but cic will keep checking your immigration record and decided whether you can sponsor your life parter or relative ! Or even they might not let you become citizen of canada ! Is that true? How about extending PRcard ?

Anyone that have already did this please share your experience !

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
quinton0121 said:
I think a lot of people will have the same question as I have , it that really ok or not ok to move out of province after getting pr ?

I heard that it is your right to choose any province to stay , but cic will keep checking your immigration record and decided whether you can sponsor your life parter or relative ! Or even they might not let you become citizen of canada ! Is that true? How about extending PRcard ?

Anyone that have already did this please share your experience !
There are many existing threads on this topic.

Check the below discussion:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/revoke-pnp-pr-status-move-out-nomination-province-t223659.0.html#new

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
This is a very interesting topic that has generated lots of controversial responses. In order to get clarity, a close friend of mine called CIC to ask if one will be penalised (now or even in the futute) for moving to another province after getting Permanent Residence from a province that nominated him. The CIC officer said one can move to anywhere in Canada as soon as you get your PR, and there no penalty or punishment for doing so even if you move a day after the PR was approved.

So I can confidently say here that one can move to anywhere in Canada even if your PR was approved a day before moving to another province.

quinton0121

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
delgado77 said:
This is a very interesting topic that has generated lots of controversial responses. In order to get clarity, a close friend of mine called CIC to ask if one will be penalised (now or even in the futute) for moving to another province after getting Permanent Residence from a province that nominated him. The CIC officer said one can move to anywhere in Canada as soon as you get your PR, and there no penalty or punishment for doing so even if you move a day after the PR was approved.

So I can confidently say here that one can move to anywhere in Canada even if your PR was approved a day before moving to another province.
really great piece of information !! thanks !!

LRC206

Star Member
May 13, 2013
delgado77 said:

So authentic information.
Moreover I would like to add one practical example of my friend who was a BC nominated and first time he landed in Toronto and their he changed his plan and never even went to BC since march 2013.
Till now he is living happily with new job in Toronto.
He simply applied for PR cards etc from Toronto without any asking and trouble from any side.

moosejaw

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 2011
Nomination.....
march 2013
AOR Received.
Last week of june 2013
Med's Request
First week of Feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd week of Feb 2015
Passport Req..
PPR1+MEDICALS UPDATED FORMS+UPDATED PCC ON FIRST WEEK OF FEB 2015
VISA ISSUED...
in may 2015
LANDED..........
in may 2015
delgado77 said:

No brother If one got nominated from a province it is in his immigration files a commitment that he or she may live in that province and cic gives you PR on your that promise.
However after Citizenship you can move any where.
Now coming on the other side if in your PR card your residencial address do not reflect the province that nominated you Your VO can deny your entry in Canada. on the basis of not fulfiling your promise to that province. CIC issued a specific operational bulletin.
regards