+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to know about best and cheap maternity hospital in Toronto

Dumbo

Jul 14, 2018
Hi Experts!
I'm from Pakistan. Last year I gave birth to my baby by c-section but due to the negligence of doctors and unhygienic environment, my c-section incision got worse. It filled up with white fluid. I underwent operation again after 5-6 months of c-section because my pain went worse because of pus. Unfortunately, that 2nd operation didn't prove fruitful and once again I got reddish and painful skin because of pus in the incision. However, after one year of the delivery, I had to undergo again an operation so I could get rid of that worse condition. But this time after 3 months of this operation I get the white fluid (pus) again in my stitches that's really painful. Now, I want to get operated in Toronto Canada. Please suggest me which hospital can be the best choice.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Experts!
I'm from Pakistan. Last year I gave birth to my baby by c-section but due to the negligence of doctors and unhygienic environment, my c-section incision got worse. It filled up with white fluid. I underwent operation again after 5-6 months of c-section because my pain went worse because of pus. Unfortunately, that 2nd operation didn't prove fruitful and once again I got reddish and painful skin because of pus in the incision. However, after one year of the delivery, I had to undergo again an operation so I could get rid of that worse condition. But this time after 3 months of this operation I get the white fluid (pus) again in my stitches that's really painful. Now, I want to get operated in Toronto Canada. Please suggest me which hospital can be the best choice.
Thank you.
You'll need to start by going to a family doctor or walk-in clinic so that you can be referred to a hospital. You won't necessarily be able to chose which hospital treats you.

I assume you are prepared to pay for all of the care you receive in Canada out of pocket. As a visitor, you will not be covered under Canada's health care system. And no private insurance policy is going to cover a pre-existing condition. So your only option is to pay for the care you receive yourself. If an operation is required, assume your medical costs in Canada will be at least $25K. Of course the costs could be substantially higher depending on the care you need.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This also is not a quick process. Given that you are not entitled to have care in Canada you actually should contact various hospitals and find out about availability of medical care before you arrive to see if they can accommodate you if you need an operation. You have low priority so Canadians will receive surgery first unless you are dying. You would have to pre-qualify and show you have the funds. I would suggest exploring options in Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc. The countries are closer and have very good medical system that will be more affordable than in Canada.

Reactions: Dumbo and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This also is not a quick process. Given that you are not entitled to have care in Canada you actually should contact various hospitals and find out about availability of medical care before you arrive to see if they can accommodate you if you need an operation. You have low priority so Canadians will receive surgery first unless you are dying. You would have to pre-qualify and show you have the funds. I would suggest exploring options in Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc. The countries are closer and have very good medical system that will be more affordable than in Canada.
Agreed. I would add Thailand to that list.

Reactions: Dumbo and Buletruck

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For one participating birth tourism in Canada, your priority is not choosing which hospital or contact hospital directly, but the host that serves you for a price. From what I saw in advertisement, they provide accommodation, doctor referrals, transportation and etc.

Reactions: Dumbo

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For one participating birth tourism in Canada, your priority is not choosing which hospital or contact hospital directly, but the host that serves you for a price. From what I saw in advertisement, they provide accommodation, doctor referrals, transportation and etc.
I don't think this is birth tourism. If you read the OP's post in detail, this sounds like surgery to fix a badly done/healed c-section.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think this is birth tourism. If you read the OP's post in detail, this sounds like surgery to fix a badly done/healed c-section.
Even though this might not be the case, the OP can still use those services offered by a host.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even though this might not be the case, the OP can still use those services offered by a host.
The birth tourism home industry caters to women who are expecting by bring them to OB appointments and usually following the cultural traditions surrounding birth. Nothing about wound care. Also these houses are not cheap and last multiple months. This women needs a surgical revision and infection control. Also probably not reassuring for pregnant or postpartum moms to have someone with an infected c-section and a hospital acquired infections from Pakistan around.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The birth tourism home industry caters to women who are expecting by bring them to OB appointments and usually following the cultural traditions surrounding birth. Nothing about wound care. Also these houses are not cheap and last multiple months. This women needs a surgical revision and infection control. Also probably not reassuring for pregnant or postpartum moms to have someone with an infected c-section and a hospital acquired infections from Pakistan around.
Are you a host yourself? How do you know there's nothing about wound care?

If OP doesn't care about spending money on Canadian hospital fee, they likely care less about the fee charge by these host. Otherwise, they will have to arrange accommodation, Doctor visits and transportation themselves.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you a host yourself? How do you know there's nothing about wound care?

If OP doesn't care about spending money on Canadian hospital fee, they likely care less about the fee charge by these host. Otherwise, they will have to arrange accommodation, Doctor visits and transportation themselves.
Maternity houses don't provide healthcare. They provide lodging, transportation, translation and make all the arrangements. The OP asked for the cheapest and best hospital. I am guessing they were unaware of the cost of a stay at a Canadian hospital especially for surgical care.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maternity houses don't provide healthcare. They provide lodging, transportation, translation and make all the arrangements. The OP asked for the cheapest and best hospital. I am guessing they were unaware of the cost of a stay at a Canadian hospital especially for surgical care.
Well, they don't provide healthcare on their own. They make arrangement which might includes wound care.

Also, their assistants caring for them while their clients were in the country to give birth:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4111024/birth-tourism-richmond-petition/

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Great hospitals in Thailand and Singapore. World class.
Agreed. This is the best option. In Canada, you may end up waiting a lot time for a referral. In both cases you'll need to pay. So might as well go for the option that gives you immediate treatment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agreed. This is the best option. In Canada, you may end up waiting a lot time for a referral. In both cases you'll need to pay. So might as well go for the option that gives you immediate treatment.
And less expensive! Closer to home as well so your flight costs and likely hotel will be lower.

ostephy22k

Nov 4, 2020
Good morning folks, I want to know what will cost to have my wife deliver our baby in Canada. Pregnancy stage is 5 month. Thanks