+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to do Softlanding in Ontario, with SINP nominated

agneljp

Oct 6, 2017
Hi All,
I am planning to land in Canada Toronto in a couple months. But the issue is I am Saskatchewan nominated (PNP based PR).
While I certainly wish move to Regina, SK once I come to settle, I want to land in Toronto for now, and leave to my home country for a little more while, while my friends can collect the PR Card and send it to me.

Is this legally possible. This is just because I do not have any close friends in SK and not sure if my PR card ca be mailed to my Friends address in Toronto.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

saskapr2015

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017 submitted on 14-02-2017
Nomination.....
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
09-10-2015 (CIC File)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No mail
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017 Medical passed 12-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-09-2017(did soft landing, yet to make permanent move)
Hi All,
I am planning to land in Canada Toronto in a couple months. But the issue is I am Saskatchewan nominated (PNP based PR).
While I certainly wish move to Regina, SK once I come to settle, I want to land in Toronto for now, and leave to my home country for a little more while, while my friends can collect the PR Card and send it to me.

Is this legally possible. This is just because I do not have any close friends in SK and not sure if my PR card ca be mailed to my Friends address in Toronto.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
1. Yes you can go back to your home country after soft landing even from Toronto but to show your intention of settling in your nominating province you should have a connecting flight from Toronto to SK. They definitely ask about it. You can go n stay for 2 -3 days n come back . Meanwhile you can open your bank account there n explore your future home town.
2. Although you can provide address of any province legally for the PR card but it is recommended to provide one in your destination province to avoid the raising eyebrow of the CBSA officer.
All the best for your landing

Waqaslatif87

Apr 22, 2021
Hi All,

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Hi There!

I know its been a while now but did u end up softlanding in toronto or did you move to Saskatoon and returned from there?

How was the experience?

bookworm28

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

I'm in similar situation here & would like to know what you did.

I have SINP nomination. Planning to land in Regina, SK for few days (4-5 days) and provide Toronto friends address for PR card delivery as I have on connections in SK.
I will return to India after soft landing & move back to Regina, SK after securing some job.