+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to change course ??

iqbal24

Mar 18, 2018
Kolkata
Hello, i want to apply for software engineering technician in centennial college but my marks in maths are low (42/100) and will give my IELTS exam soon(working hard ,expecting to get 8 band) and my overall percentage is 59.2%. Best of 5 subjects = 61% (excluding maths), I think it will be risk to apply for visa because of low marks in math. So, i was thinking to apply for Animation course in the same college and to change it to software enginnering technician after reaching there. Is it fine to change course after reaching there or not. Can someone guide me what should i do?? If i will talk to my consultant about changing course then they will just say no (because they will not get commision from college).

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but the challenge you may have is getting a study permit given you need to show that an animation course is relevant to your current qualifications, any work experience and prospects on returning to your home country. Once you get a study permit then there is a process to change either course, college or both but just keep in mind any fees that you pay up front whether by changing course you will get any refunds.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Visa application doesn't care about your math score if you can get admission.
You are also allowed to change program/schools whatever once in Canada but obviously you will need to get admission to this new program.