Sep 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
what do u think is the best and easiest way to get him a work visa for Canada. he is my nephew by law ie my wifes sisters son. he lives in Ireland but is a UK national

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
warrenthegreat said:
what do u think is the best and easiest way to get him a work visa for Canada. he is my nephew by law ie my wifes sisters son. he lives in Ireland but is a UK national
Depending on his age, the easiest way may be to obtain a working holiday visa (IEC). A working holiday visa would allow him to come to Canada to live and work for two years without finding an employer and full time job first - and without needing an approved LMIA. However there are age restrictions for working holiday visas. So he will have to determine if he is the right age to qualify. Also, there are only a small number of working holiday visas available to UK nationals available each year and they are snapped up extremely quickly (in less than 15 minutes from when they become available). So there is no guarantee he will be able to secure one of these visas because they are in such high demand. All of the working holiday visas for UK nationals have already been taken for this year. So the earliest he would be able to apply is sometime in 2016.

Otherwise he needs to find an employer in Canada willing to offer him a full time job. That employer then needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Once your nephew has a job offer and approved LMIA, he can apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

warrenthegreat

Sep 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
He is 25. he may already have a job offer in bc as a barber. thanks for the prompt reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
warrenthegreat said:
He is 25. he may already have a job offer in bc as a barber. thanks for the prompt reply
He's the right age to qualify for a working holiday visa. But again - these visas are in very high demand and it can be quite difficult to get one. If he wants to try for a working holiday visa, once 2016 rolls around, he should keep his eye on the CIC web site to see when they announce the application dates.

If he wishes to come to Canada on a closed work permit instead - the job offer isn't enough. His employer also needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Expect this process to take 4-6 months and cost the employer $1,000 in fees. To be approved for the LMIA, the employer will have to advertise the job for at least one full month to prove that no Canadian could be found for the role.