+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to apply PR - CEC from CANADA

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Hi,
I would like to apply CEC from Canada .

Currently I'm in CANADA . I have 6 yrs of UK Professional IT experience . Last year August I came to CANADA , EDMONTON and then Im work as IT professional in the same field . My NOC CODE 2174. Recently I got CELPIP 5L in all modules . I think I have eligibility to apply.

I'm checking whether I'm eligible to apply PR . If so I'm glad I will apply immediately . I know I need to provide medical and PC later once I get the file no isn't?.

Please let me know at the earliest .

Thanks
NK

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must have at least one year of full time experience in Canada to qualify to apply for PR through CEC. If you started last August, then you won't qualify to apply for CEC until this August / September.

Scarlet9

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-07-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
LANDED..........
13-11-2014
Requirements for CEC are as follows:

You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec
have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).
Skilled work experience

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.

To find out which group your job falls under, see the list of jobs and their NOC groups. Follow the steps to find the NOC group that matches your job.

If the details and list of main duties for a job under NOC skill types 0, A or B match what you did while you worked in Canada, your job is likely in that group. If it does not, look at the list to see if another job matches your experience.

If your existing work permit is about to expire you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. Bridging open work permits allow qualified applicants to keep working while they await a final decision on their permanent residence application.

Principal applicant

If you are married or live with a common-law partner in Canada, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under the CEC as a principal applicant.

A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

If you are not sure if you should apply under the CEC, try the Come to Canada Wizard to find out if you would be eligible.

Language

You must meet the minimum language requirements for your job. You must also include the results of a language test (from an agency designated by CIC) that shows you meet them when you apply.

Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply.