+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to apply for Visitors Visa. Help required!!!

hasanemam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Dhaka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
01-11-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
My wife has Canadian PR and she is with me in Bangladesh now. We want to start our life in Canada. But the sponsorship only works when she is in Canada. She cannot sponsor me when she is outside of Canada. We are thinking to apply visitors visa for me and we will go Canada together. My questions are

1. Is visitor visa and TRV is same thing?
2. Can i apply for OWP if i have visitors visa?
3. After getting in Canada, can i apply for change my visa status visitor to spouse visa?

4. Is the decision wise?

I will be helpful if anyone answer my questions!

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
My wife has Canadian PR and she is with me in Bangladesh now. We want to start our life in Canada. But the sponsorship only works when she is in Canada. She cannot sponsor me when she is outside of Canada. We are thinking to apply visitors visa for me and we will go Canada together. My questions are

1. Is visitor visa and TRV is same thing?
2. Can i apply for OWP if i have visitors visa?
3. After getting in Canada, can i apply for change my visa status visitor to spouse visa?

4. Is the decision wise?

I will be helpful if anyone answer my questions!
Hi

She can still sponsor you while living outside Canada. She should show intent to live with you once yours sponsorship get approved and you get PR
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html
  • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
Chances of visitor visa in your cases are nearly close to none as you don't have any ties in your home country. It will be waste of time and effort as you don't have any intent to go back to your home country.

Choose the right path which is Spousal sponsorship in your case.

Good Luck

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

She can still sponsor you while living outside Canada. She should show intent to live with you once yours sponsorship get approved and you get PR
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html
  • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
Chances of visitor visa in your cases are nearly close to none as you don't have any ties in your home country. It will be waste of time and effort as you don't have any intent to go back to your home country.

Choose the right path which is Spousal sponsorship in your case.

Good Luck
That's incorrect.

The OP"s spouse is a Canadian PR and she cannot sponsor him for PR while living outside Canada.

Just to add:
Chances of a TRV approval are slim to none in such cases. Approval would depend on proving exceptionally strong ties to Bangladesh + it's advisable to apply for a TRV after the spousal PR application is in process/close to DM

hasanemam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Dhaka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
01-11-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Thank you for your reply. Can you please confirm Visitor Visa and TRV are the same thing?

That's incorrect.

The OP"s spouse is a Canadian PR and she cannot sponsor him for PR while living outside Canada.

Just to add:
Chances of a TRV approval are slim to none in such cases. Approval would depend on proving exceptionally strong ties to Bangladesh + it's advisable to apply for a TRV after the spousal PR application is in process/close to DM

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
That's incorrect.

Just to add:
True I misread. Sponsor must be citizen while living outside Canada.

Thanks for correction

Reactions: Bryanna