+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiving IELTS for study permit application

rooney123

Dec 28, 2010
Hi

I am expecting an admit from Univ of Waterloo for a Masters program, because I have 2 years MBA from USA the IELTS/TOEFL requirement was waived by the university,

can I submit a letter from university of waterloo stating that I have the required english language proficiency for the program and the IELTS/TOEFL requirement was waived because of the above mentioned reason and submit that in my visa application in place of IELTS score, I will be applying at New Delhi CHC.

Thanks !

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
rooney123 said:
Hi

I am expecting an admit from Univ of Waterloo for a Masters program, because I have 2 years MBA from USA the IELTS/TOEFL requirement was waived by the university,

can I submit a letter from university of waterloo stating that I have the required english language proficiency for the program and the IELTS/TOEFL requirement was waived because of the above mentioned reason and submit that in my visa application in place of IELTS score, I will be applying at New Delhi CHC.

Thanks !
If uWaterloo gives you the letter stating that you have fulfilled the required English Proficiency requirement then you might got waiver for Visa as well.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
sareen said:
Yes you can as IELTS/TOEFL is requirement of University not of embassy
Please, don't misguide students on this forum. IELTS is a requirement for students from India.

I guess you are from Pakistan so your statement might be true for CHC Islamabad.

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam89 said:
Please, don't misguide students on this forum. IELTS is a requirement for students from India.

I guess you are from Pakistan so your statement might be true for CHC Islamabad.
hi,
IELTS is required in INDIA only for spp program....its not required for general category.

H

HBK

Abu Bakr said:
hi,
IELTS is required in INDIA only for spp program....its not required for general category.
your mistake.
check below link.
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_17-05-2012.pdf

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Abu Bakr said:
hi,
Go through the checklist of all three categories and you will find your answer.

H

HBK

rooney123 said:
Hi

Thanks !
Buddy. there will be no harm if you appear for IELTS.Since you are US return then it would be not a rocket science for you.

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HBK said:
your mistake.
check below link.
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_17-05-2012.pdf
sorry may be i am wrong but i read some post form indian students they got visa without ielts(based on foreign degree or proficiency certificate ).....

H

HBK

Abu Bakr said:
sorry may be i am wrong but i read some post form indian students they got visa without ielts(based on foreign degree or proficiency certificate ).....
in the forum even 1 INDIAN student got visa without IELTS/English language proficiency certificate.(with ESL program under university category)
The name of the member is happygarcha. :D
search it on right side box. ;D ;D

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
I think TOEFL is more U.S. English-oriented, while IELTS is more international English-oriented. Since Canada prefers international English over U.S. English, they insist on IELTS. Play it safe and take the IELTS.

ss789

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
HBK is right. Ielts is NOT always a requirement for students from India. I have 5 friends in India who have gotten their study permit for Canada within the past month without submitting ielts or any other english language test score. Aslong as you fall under "university" category and your acceptance letter states you don't require any such score.. you're fine.

But overall it really depends on your visa officer and how lenient he/she is, some enforce every single bullet point while others do use their common sense and make concessions.

sareen

May 18, 2012
Dear Inam you dont have any authority to comment like that I'm not mis guiding any body I think you sit next to VO that's why saying like that.

Go on website and check out document check list for india and pk you will have answer. I dont like to share things to make ppl tens there are hundred of students waiting for medical call and in big tension at this time they need support not " I Have got medical call and bla bla"

Hopefully you will now understand why I'm not sharing things and sharing what which can make way easy not complicated as u guys are going to do.

Stay Blessed
Bye

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
sareen said:
Dear Inam you dont have any authority to comment like that I'm not mis guiding any body I think you sit next to VO that's why saying like that. [ ;D LOL]

Go on website and check out document check list for india and pk you will have answer. I dont like to share things to make ppl tens there are hundred of students waiting for medical call and in big tension at this time they need support not " I Have got medical call and bla bla" [Didn't get your this point 8) ]

Hopefully you will now understand why I'm not sharing things and sharing what which can make way easy not complicated as u guys are going to do. [please share things because sharing is caring]

Stay Blessed
Bye
Sorry if I pissed you off.

1. You need to check their checklist.
2. Your information was incomplete and was purely misguiding. Had you wrote that IELTS is a must for SPP and is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for General/ university applicants then I would not have commented like that. Don't think that people will sing hymns for you on such misleading information.

Yes, I say you misguided him by providing a confident answer while you haven't shared the details.

Check these links, they clearly contradicts your statement:
a. http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_17-05-2012.pdf
b. http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Application_for_Prospective_University_Students_190412.pdf
c. http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_(SPP)_in_india_190412.pdf

I am blessed. Thanks for the prayers.

BR,
Inam

sareen

May 18, 2012
Ok I have shared what I have experienced. And I think so its totally depends upon the mode of VO to stamp or deny Visa.

Cheers