+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waived interview .... Passport request while living in Canada ????

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello

I appreciate if anyone can answer mu question. I already submitted my application for outland application whilw I am living in Canada.
As far I know if an interview is scheduled in the future I have to travel to my country . My question is if this interview is waived , How Can I submit the Passport for my local office Without leaving Canada?

Thank you

Canadianinbrazil

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016 AOR2 22-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
17-10-16
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-16
LANDED..........
15-11-16
My husband was was in Canada when we received his PPR, and he simply sent it to the Ottawa office (as per instructions in the email). We live in Ottawa so he also scheduled his 'landing interview' in Ottawa.

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Thanks for you

I applied outland while I am in Canada , I am from a country that is not exempt visa , (Egypt). I have a TRV of 5 Years multi-entrance .....and again I am wondering if i could submit my passport to the Canadian embassy in Egypt (to stamp the PR) with DHL or FEDEX ....anyway to submit the passport without having to travel to Egypt?

what I know is that , if they scheduled interview I have to travel to Egypt ...But what if the interview is waived , they will ask me to submit my passport .....No ?

How will I submit the passport while I am here living in Canada

Thanks again

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
merohadad said:
Thanks for you

I applied outland while I am in Canada , I am from a country that is not exempt visa , (Egypt). I have a TRV of 5 Years multi-entrance .....and again I am wondering if i could submit my passport to the Canadian embassy in Egypt (to stamp the PR) with DHL or FEDEX ....anyway to submit the passport without having to travel to Egypt?

what I know is that , if they scheduled interview I have to travel to Egypt ...But what if the interview is waived , they will ask me to submit my passport .....No ?

How will I submit the passport while I am here living in Canada

Thanks again
the passport instructions you receive will include information about how to submit your passport inside canada.

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Thanks for you CDNPR2014

But do you think that I still able to submit my passport in Canada ??? ' , even if I mentioned while I filled in the outland application That My Residential address is Egypt

Thanks again

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
merohadad said:
Thanks for you CDNPR2014

But do you think that I still able to submit my passport in Canada ??? ' , even if I mentioned while I filled in the outland application That My Residential address is Egypt

Thanks again
Were you actually living in Egypt at the time?

In the PPR e-mail, there is usually a section on how to send your passport if you are in Canada.

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
I am living in Canada with my Canadian wife since two months and going to continue living here ( I may extend my TRV for more than 6 months ) , While we were submitting outland application the Lawyer told us that he mentioned my residential address in Egypt. For that I know that my file will be transferred in the future to the embassy of Canada in Cairo/Egypt.

Are you sure ? if the interview being waived , I can submit my passport here in Canada ?
what if they ask me to submit the passport to the embassy in Egypt , Could I send it by DHL ...?

Thanks for you again

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
merohadad said:
I am living in Canada with my Canadian wife since two months and going to continue living here ( I may extend my TRV for more than 6 months ) , While we were submitting outland application the Lawyer told us that he mentioned my residential address in Egypt. For that I know that my file will be transferred in the future to the embassy of Canada in Cairo/Egypt.

Are you sure ? if the interview being waived , I can submit my passport here in Canada ?
what if they ask me to submit the passport to the embassy in Egypt , Could I send it by DHL ...?

Thanks for you again
as already mentioned, the PPR letter you receive will have instructions for sending the passport inside canada. this is standard language on the PPR letter now. it doesn't matter what address you use in the application, the same form letter is sent to everyone, and everyone receives instructions for sending the passport if they are in canada.

even if it isn't included (which it will be), you will be able to send a case specific enquiry to your visa office requesting information about processing the visa while in canada. there's no reason to worry or do anything about this yet. wait until you get the PPR letter and instructions from immigration.