+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting with my husband

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
i have a doubt if anyone could help me please...
im a pr and i sponsored my husband and his daughert but right now im with him in colombia, after i sent out the application july 2009 i came here to wait with him so we could go back together, they havent told us anything yet we are still waiting for colombian office to tell us the final answer my question is: is there any problem if im here waiting with him so we could go back together?

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
cute123 said:
i have a doubt if anyone could help me please...
im a pr and i sponsored my husband and his daughert but right now im with him in colombia, after i sent out the application july 2009 i came here to wait with him so we could go back together, they havent told us anything yet we are still waiting for colombian office to tell us the final answer my question is: is there any problem if im here waiting with him so we could go back together?
Only Cnd citizen can sponsor while living abroad. PR can not. So you have to be in Canada (physically). You can make short visits and come back.

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
but i didnt sponsor from colombia, i did it while i was in canada and then i came to colombia to be with my husband and wait with him, and i have been here for a year now is that ok?

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
cute123 said:
but i didnt sponsor from colombia, i did it while i was in canada and then i came to colombia to be with my husband and wait with him, and i have been here for a year now is that ok?
No, it is NOT ok. plz read my comment again

Yullover

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-06-2010
Cute123...

THE EMBASSY will not do ANYTHING until you will return to Canada...

A PR holder CAN'T... CAN'T.... CAN'T be sponsoring someone if she is not in CANADA...

You can be in canada when you send your application... but they know that now you are there.... so they wait ... until you are in canada i think your chance to ear something from the embassy is close to zero.