+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting waiting waiting, what to do? and advice?

claudeteacher

Aug 11, 2013
Hi,

I do not know what to do so taking a chance on getting advice:

My Korean niece is going to Georgian College this fall (classes have started).
Last June she graduated from high school in Quebec.

Her study permit from last year expires August 31.
She has had two previous study permits.
She applied online for her new study permit in June.
Still has not received it.
It has been almost 3 months, in the past it took 6 weeks or less.
She called immigration and tried to see what is wrong, and the agent sent an email to those involved.
Immigration told her she could come to Canada as she has implied status, so she came last week.

The CIC page says:
Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

Any advice? Ideas?

Chenilynpekarta

Jun 15, 2015
Hi,

What was stated on the email sent by the agent? Did she apply for a study permit inside or outside Canada?

Right now, all you can do is to follow up either sending them a case specific enquiry or call immigration until a decision is made.

claudeteacher

Aug 11, 2013
She applied online from within Canada.

She called the number provided on the CIC site, spoke to an agent of some sort who explained that all he could o was to send an email to immigration. I do not know the contents of the email, though she got the impression that the email was to request them to hurry up or explain why there was a delay.

Twice before she applied for her study permit for high school, and it took 6 weeks. We can't understand why it would take so long this time. Maybe because she is changing school level and province?

claudeteacher

Aug 11, 2013
We spoke with a Korean agent who said it would be good to send an email. She said to go to the CIC site and go under "Enquiries" and submit an email and mark it urgent, but I cannot find any email address. Is there such a thing?

according to the CIC it should take about 35 days and they are working on application submitted July 23rd, more than a month after

Chenilynpekarta

Jun 15, 2015
claudeteacher said:
We spoke with a Korean agent who said it would be good to send an email. She said to go to the CIC site and go under "Enquiries" and submit an email and mark it urgent, but I cannot find any email address. Is there such a thing?

according to the CIC it should take about 35 days and they are working on application submitted July 23rd, more than a month after
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
You can try sending case specific enquiries using this link.

Chenilynpekarta

Jun 15, 2015
Hi,

Have you received any update?

Check this thread in this forum as it concerns applications made within Canada.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-permit-extension-t284962.0.html

When exactly in June did she apply?

claudeteacher

Aug 11, 2013
Actually, she applied on May 20.
"You have successfully transmitted your Online Application on 20 May 2015 02:34:54 p.m. EDT"

Here is a question, and I hope this is not the problem, but on the CIC page "Documents submitted by the client "
Under "Application Form(s)"
When I click on Provided Uploaded Filename: IMM5709E.pdf "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student (IMM5709)" the pdf opens in adobe but all the fields are blank. Is this just the standard form, or is teh submitted application actually blank and no one told her that she submitted a blank form?

claudeteacher

Aug 11, 2013
Oh well, still no study permit, she has withdrawn from college for the semester, hopefully we can get this cleared up before January. If there is any more insight, please feel free to post here, I am still trying to solve the issue

claudeteacher

Aug 11, 2013
I wonder if anyone has any thought on this:

on the CIC page "Documents submitted by the client "
Under "Application Form(s)"
When I click on Provided Uploaded Filename: IMM5709E.pdf "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student (IMM5709)" the pdf opens in adobe but all the fields are blank. Is this just the standard form, or is teh submitted application actually blank and no one told her that she submitted a blank form?

Richard.zczc

Sep 17, 2015
it is the blank form...take it easy...
the one which you filled in has submitted to the CIC...
this is just a common link to the application form...
wait wait wait