+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting time

Eily&Matias

Jan 10, 2018
Hello guys,

I want to start the Express Entry process with my husband and there are lots of decisions that we have to make and most of them are subject to time. So, can anyone tell me how long does it take to receive an invitation (ITA) after the profiles is created and complete?

I read somewhere that is about 6 to 10 months if everything is correct. But, it is not clear if that time is the entire process (ITA and visa process) or only the waiting time to get the invitation.

Hope you can help me with this. Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello guys,

I want to start the Express Entry process with my husband and there are lots of decisions that we have to make and most of them are subject to time. So, can anyone tell me how long does it take to receive an invitation (ITA) after the profiles is created and complete?

I read somewhere that is about 6 to 10 months if everything is correct. But, it is not clear if that time is the entire process (ITA and visa process) or only the waiting time to get the invitation.

Hope you can help me with this. Thanks
It depends on how many points you score. The recent cutoffs have been 446, so if you score more than that, you will likely receive the ITA within a couple of weeks after submitting the profile. If your score is lower, it can take longer. Nobody can predict that.

Eily&Matias

Jan 10, 2018
Oh I understand. I have more than that. So we can definitely say that 6-10 months is an average time for the process as a whole?

Thanks

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Oh I understand. I have more than that. So we can definitely say that 6-10 months is an average time for the process as a whole?

Thanks
If your score is more that the current cutoff then most probably you will get an invite very soon. After you are invited, you have to submit an online application with all supporting documents attached. Within hours of your submission, you will get an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). Basically within 6 months of your AOR, your file will be finalized. But it's lot quicker now a days, so you never know. Having said that, each case is different, and not all meet the 6 months deadline. So be prepared and hope for the best!

Eily&Matias

Jan 10, 2018
If your score is more that the current cutoff then most probably you will get an invite very soon. After you are invited, you have to submit an online application with all supporting documents attached. Within hours of your submission, you will get an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). Basically within 6 months of your AOR, your file will be finalized. But it's lot quicker now a days, so you never know. Having said that, each case is different, and not all meet the 6 months deadline. So be prepared and hope for the best!
Thanks a lot. This really helps. Its very frustrated not having an idea on the time for us to make decisions. Thanks again

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks a lot. This really helps. Its very frustrated not having an idea on the time for us to make decisions. Thanks again
As Nian427 said, everyone's case will be different. From the date of submission of my profile, to having my visa and COPR in hand, it was a little over 3 months. But 1 month of that was waiting for the FBI PCC...
  • if your score is as high as you say it is, the ITA will be dependent on how soon after the last draw you submit your profile (the time between draws is 1 - 3 weeks)
  • the time between your ITA and AOR (the confirmation of receipt of your electronic application for permanent residency (eAPR)) will be dependent on how quickly you can get your documents together (e.g. my FBI PCC which extended the time by 1 month). You can start getting your documents together before the ITA if your score is high enough and you're basically assured one; this will help expedite this particular part of the process.
  • the time between AOR and PPR (request for passport to finalize) varies - you may be one of the lucky few who get processed in 3 weeks (the fastest I've seen so far on the forum), 1 month (see my timeline), 6 months as 'advertised', or up to 2 years (if you're one of the unfortunate few selected for additional security screening - my heart goes out to these fellow applicants of ours :()
  • after PPR, it can take 1 week to 1 month to get your passport back in hand, depending on how quickly you submit the passport for processing after receiving the email (assuming you're not from a visa-exempt country) and the local visa office to which you were assigned (some of them process more quickly than others)

Last edited:
Reactions: Eily&Matias