+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting time after RFV

Deena_SL2023

Jul 14, 2023
Hi everyone,

I got my RFV on 14th June and submitted my passport/photos at VFS Sri Lanka on 20th June. It reached the visa office on 21st June as per my tracking number. But since then no update. Its nearly 4 weeks and I have not received my passport back. I have sent several emails to the Sri Lanka visa office as well as a webform query and not received any replies. How long should I wait? I don't even know if they have misplaced my passport and just not bothering to reply me. Surely it doesn't take a month to place the counterfoil? My COPR number is there in my application status tracker so that's not the delay. How long should I wait and at what point should I get worried that perhaps my passport is lost? As per my tracking ID its still under process at IRCC office

hardeep_khalsa

Nov 7, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
GUYS, I actually have a question, but this is a very misunderstood topic, I mean there have been mixed responses to this Question. So I want a very Honest and realisitic opinion of you guys, If anyone is able to help, wud be much much thankful to them!!

I have a Final Decision 13th July on my GC Key Account, In progress in Status Tracker, No PPR yet. Does this mean I can start planning things out and leave jobs here and home and sell stuff and everything ?? Or is it still too early to do all this and IRCC still can change the decision and I can get ADRs or something like that ??

AOR - 13th June
BG & Eligibility - In Progress
MEB/BIL - Completed
FSW-O - India

If anyone could help me with this, it wud be great!!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
GUYS, I actually have a question, but this is a very misunderstood topic, I mean there have been mixed responses to this Question. So I want a very Honest and realisitic opinion of you guys, If anyone is able to help, wud be much much thankful to them!!

I have a Final Decision 13th July on my GC Key Account, In progress in Status Tracker, No PPR yet. Does this mean I can start planning things out and leave jobs here and home and sell stuff and everything ?? Or is it still too early to do all this and IRCC still can change the decision and I can get ADRs or something like that ??

AOR - 13th June
BG & Eligibility - In Progress
MEB/BIL - Completed
FSW-O - India

If anyone could help me with this, it wud be great!!
I would suggest to wait for sometime to be sure. All the best.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

hardeep_khalsa

Nov 7, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
GUYS I am really really sorry I bothered all of you of my really unnecessary information. I just needed to wait for a day. Long Story Short, I received everything tonight. So my timeline now is -

Tracker - Completed everything
RFV - Issued on email
COPR No - Generated
Timeline from AOR to PPR - Exactly 1 month

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
GUYS I am really really sorry I bothered all of you of my really unnecessary information. I just needed to wait for a day. Long Story Short, I received everything tonight. So my timeline now is -

RFV - Issued on email
COPR No - Generated
Why sorry! You should be celebrating! Congrats! :)

Reactions: hardeep_khalsa

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

RFV - Issued on email
COPR No - Generated
That's great news! I'm glad that everything worked out for you.

I understand that you were feeling frustrated and anxious, and I appreciate your understanding. I'm always happy to help people with their immigration questions, and I'm glad that I was able to provide you with some information that was helpful.

Congratulations on your PR! I hope you enjoy your new life in Canada.

Reactions: hardeep_khalsa

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021

RFV - Issued on email
COPR No - Generated
Hey man so after getting the RFV what were the next steps. Submitting Passport to VFS, then after you get the passport , you just landed in CA or were there other steps?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey man so after getting the RFV what were the next steps. Submitting Passport to VFS, then after you get the passport , you just landed in CA or were there other steps?
Yes, pretty much the same as you explained. Just make sure to keep this in mind that your CoPR expiry can be your medical expiry or passport expiry date (it usually is the same as medical expiry date). Saying that to make sure you don't assume that it is 6 months default validity(I know that there are 0.00001% chances of you assuming that).

For landing in CA, you'll have to:
1. get a good to accompany list - people are very rarely asked for this, but if they do and you don't have it, that could become a serious issue.
2. get updated PoF - again 1/1000 would get asked for it, but it is a part of landing formalities and can risk your PR.

Everything else is pretty easy.

cournavdeept

Jun 25, 2023
hey everyone,
what are the processing time at delhi for Canada visa stamping?
waiting for last 20 days, submitted the passports on 23rd October 2023

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
hey everyone,
what are the processing time at delhi for Canada visa stamping?
waiting for last 20 days, submitted the passports on 23rd October 2023
There's an entire thread on this topic, go through it and see for yourself: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-visa-stamping-new-delhi.778870/page-39

Another thread here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/page-436