+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on First PR Card

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
Hello! I am currently waiting on my first PR Card. The application for the same was submitted through the PR Portal in mid January. The current processing time is about 35 days and I called IRCC and they said they'll email the office.

I am planning to travel to my home country in about 2 weeks. If I don't receive the card while I'm still here in Canada, I'll need to apply for PRTD to enter the country upon return. But I'm wondering if my friend can send the PR card to me via mail to my home country. Has someone been in a similar situation? Is it okay to mail a PR Card like that?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much!

canwp2021

Oct 7, 2021
Hello! I am currently waiting on my first PR Card. The application for the same was submitted through the PR Portal in mid January. The current processing time is about 35 days and I called IRCC and they said they'll email the office.

I am planning to travel to my home country in about 2 weeks. If I don't receive the card while I'm still here in Canada, I'll need to apply for PRTD to enter the country upon return. But I'm wondering if my friend can send the PR card to me via mail to my home country. Has someone been in a similar situation? Is it okay to mail a PR Card like that?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much!
I am in the same boat. I got eCOPR last month, and still waiting for my PR card.
Did you receive your PR card before travelling ?