+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting in IP2, lets connect here!

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Guys, need your help here.

I am in IP2 since 14th Aug. Yesterday i called cic and got to know my application is still at CIO. Will it be transferred to any VO or can CIO finalize the application and issue PPR ? What would be the timeline ? Thanks
CIO has the power to finish an application without sending to a local VO

Reactions: jv.fswin

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
On which basis do they select applications for long screening?
Can range from anything like previous government employment ( police, army, internal intelligence, diplomatic posts etc even if your work there is just a civilian type), living or repetitive travel to unstable areas or war zones or countries that are known to harbor or be source of criminal activity, drug source countries, unexplained repetitive travel to a specific country even if a stable one ( where its obvious you have no ties there), being from certain nationality or religion, marriages from other religions or nationalities etc. Basically if the visa officer has the slightest doubt, he/she might request further security screening based on that red flag.

Reactions: AFUA2017

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
Can range from anything like previous government employment ( police, army, internal intelligence, diplomatic posts etc even if your work there is just a civilian type), living or repetitive travel to unstable areas or war zones or countries that are known to harbor or be source of criminal activity, drug source countries, unexplained repetitive travel to a specific country even if a stable one ( where its obvious you have no ties there), being from certain nationality or religion, marriages from other religions or nationalities etc. Basically if the visa officer has the slightest doubt, he/she might request further security screening based on that red flag.
Oh Good, however, they have just realized that I might need extensive screening now; whilst they granted me a 5 years multiple entry visa in less than 48 hours!! That is really interesting indeed!!

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Oh Good, however, they have just realized that I might need extensive screening now; whilst they granted me a 5 years multiple entry visa in less than 48 hours!! That is really interesting indeed!!
As you know, no one knows based on what exactly do they select people. Even in gcms notes it shows nothing. If you feel its taking long in security, you can request access by directly mailing CSIS. Legalfalcon can provide you with better advise than myself in those issues. Good luck man, hope it gets sorted soon.

Reactions: AFUA2017

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
As you know, no one knows based on what exactly do they select people. Even in gcms notes it shows nothing. If you feel its taking long in security, you can request access by directly mailing CSIS. Legalfalcon can provide you with better advise than myself in those issues. Good luck man, hope it gets sorted soon.
Thank you dear(; however, I feel like I was put to IP2 by mistake, and I do really hope so now; after being flying because of that before. I had only spent 6 days in NA2

emmann

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
That's totally my case then :( full of red flags!!
In which stage does the Security check happen? NA2 ?