+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting game

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
Naija Guys,

Have n't heard from you for some times - mile2, badmus.

what's up?

God will see us thru the waiting game!

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Ayosomthing,

I dey fine but have been busy lately just came back from a trip, I beieve Mile2 is fine also. Folashade nko?

folasade

Sep 9, 2005
Nigeria
I dey o!

Guys, i dey o! How's everyone doing? :lol:
I checked the processing times page and it has changed from 39mnths to 42mnths or so! :shock:

Well, hope everyone's doing fine.

Folasade

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
Nice hearing from Badmus, Mile2 and Folasade.

The waiting game will be over one day sa!

Am cooling off around here having been thru with the hsmp stuff

Best regards to all!

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Aysomthg,

Whara are you dont tell me you are in the UK now?

tee2Canada

Dec 5, 2005
Hi Naija Folks,

Nice to know that you guys are still hanging in there.

Please respond to the message I posted "What do final stage mean"

Wish you guys all the best.

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
Tee2canada,
Congrats men, this is good news. I guess in a short while you will get your passport request. I think final stage in this case should be passport request since you had given them all that is required of you.

I did my Medicals in January and I am hoping to hear from them soon. I paid my RFRF last year.

Relax brother and wait for your PPR.

tee2Canada

Dec 5, 2005
Hi Busdare,

Thanks for the reply. I am a little relieved right now. Although, I would like to have the visa in hand. I have a self addressed DHL coupon which I track everyday to see if they have sent any letter. I hope they use that so that the letter would arrive faster as the normal mails from Accra takes close to three weeks.

I am sure your visa too is on the way.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is fine.
Well those of use the waiting game especially the federal skilled workers category (excluding those on family status whose timeline are shorter)

In the web-site or cic link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/menu-perm.html

The first link: All Applications for Permanent Residence puts the processing times for Accra as in 80% of cases finalized in : 41 months.

The second link: Skilled Workers (Federal) puts the processing times for Accra as 41months as in 80% of cases finalized in : 56 months

Federal Skilled Workers. The first link refers to all applications submitted under every category for Canadian permanent residence. This includes family class (sponsorship) applications, business, and investor cases.

So guys it is actually 56 months and not 41 months.

Busdare, did you have to do IELTS exam? Please share because some guys are saying it is compulsory now, is it?

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
Hi Yemkik,
How are you doing? To your question, if you go through the CIC website, you will see it there as one of the requirements but I also think it is also at the discretion of the Visa Officer handling the case to either waive it or insist on the applicant present the result.

A friend of mine was ask to do it but the letter came very late and so he wrote the Visa officer and also included a letter from his University stating that his program was done in English and when the Visa officer requested for other documents, nothing was mentioned again about IELTS , guess the VO was satisfied with the documents.

In my case, I decided to do the IELTS even before it was requested from me, I also filled all the new forms when I heard that CIC was handling 2001 cases and so the next letter I got from CIC after the AOR was medical, police cert and proof of fund.

Hope this helps someone.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
I am sorry for the non-clarity of the previous post.
I meant to say that:

Well those of in the waiting game especially for the federal skilled workers category in Accra visa post (excluding those on family status whose timeline are shorter though) have a much longer time to wait:

In the web-site or cic link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/menu-perm.html

The first link says all Applications for Permanent Residence puts the processing times for Accra as in 80% of cases finalized in : 41 months.

The second link: Skilled Workers (Federal) puts the processing times for Accra as in 80% of cases finalized in : 56 months (4.6 or 5 years)

The second link actually refers to those of us who applied under the Federal Skilled Workers. While the second link refers to the average time for all applications including those on family class (sponsorship) applications, business, and investor cases.

So guys it is actually 56 months for people specifically under the federal skilled workers where I am sure most of us fall into. It appears to me that the processing time line is actually getting longer and longer.........well it is a waiting game we have to abide and do something else to while away the time, abi?

Busdare, did you have to do IELTS exam? Please share your experience because some guys are saying it is compulsory now, is it?

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Busdare,

Thanks a lot.
It is clearer now.
In Nigeria English is the official language, we are a member of the British commonwealth of nations, in all Nigerian universities English is the language of instruction, so what else about this IELTS stuff?

Congrats man, hope your visa stamping comes pretty soon and see you there someday!

tee2Canada

Dec 5, 2005
Hi Naija Folks,

My e-client status changed to "Decision Made" a few days ago. I believe that the decision will be good. Hope the letter follows quickly.

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
Hi Fellow Naijas,
Good day to you all and how was the Census break, hope you all enjoyed yourself.

tee2canada, that is good news for you, are you still tracking your stuff, pls do, it should be on the way.

I am happy to let you all know I got my PPR through email on 23rd of this month.

Wish you all the best and hope, you all, also have a cause to smile soonest.

Busdare