+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for visa?

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
I know right!
I have been doing the same. I think we will hear something from them next week. As worried as i am, i know it will all fall into place. Good luckk to you!!
I think y’all should chill and be prayerful. They know school resumes this fall , if you have done Medicals , you will surely get a decision on or before month end .

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Same boat brother. Although my classes start Sept 3 but still im freaking out so I can imagine what you must be feeling.
I applied on 25th July and Bio updated on 26th. This is my second application. Med updated Aug 6.
I'm literally sleeping 4-5 AM in the morning, refreshing my inbox for a mail.
Here's hoping we all get our acceptance soon :)
You should catch some sleep for real .

Alexandra.nk

May 8, 2019
SDS applications are fast processed and you dont need to panic. My friend who did his biometrics on 23rd july got his visa 3 days back. Only in worst cases, processing takes more than 20 days and trust me, you won't be that unlucky. Be ready to fly soon
Please where did your friend did his biometrics? Cause I did mine on the 22nd July 2019 at lekki phase 1 Lagos state and just got a mail on the 18th August 2019 saying my application is been accepted that I can use some code sent with the mail to check my statues and when I checked my visa statues it’s said: BACKGROUND CHECK we are processing your background check.we will send you a message if we need more information..... my resumption is on the 3rd of September.... worried

Alexandra.nk

May 8, 2019
Same boat brother. Although my classes start Sept 3 but still im freaking out so I can imagine what you must be feeling.
I applied on 25th July and Bio updated on 26th. This is my second application. Med updated Aug 6.
I'm literally sleeping 4-5 AM in the morning, refreshing my inbox for a mail.
Here's hoping we all get our acceptance soon :)
They didn’t request for my Med, it’s satated I do not need a medical exams. We will let you know if that changes..... but currently in my background check... did my biometric on the 22nd July and resumption is on the 3rd September.... am I on a good page concerning the Med?

Alexandra.nk

May 8, 2019
I think y’all should chill and be prayerful. They know school resumes this fall , if you have done Medicals , you will surely get a decision on or before month end .
I have not done medical o oluwa Biko grant me this visa before months end.... it’s stated on my statues that I don’t need medical exams. That thy will let me know if that changes, but I have don my biometrics on the 22nd of July and am currently on my background check... the resumption date is 3rd of September and my school fanshawe college sent am mail that I should present my study permit on the 22nd which is today or they cancel my admission... my agent have to defer my admission so I don’t lose the school fees deposits I paid already and that if I get my visa before the resumption date that she will request for the admission for this sept intake back but if not then I go in with the next year intake... God knows I want this visa and I want to start with this September.... now I am worried if they are yet to request for my medical or it’s okay by them for real

Tarora23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
They didn’t request for my Med, it’s satated I do not need a medical exams. We will let you know if that changes..... but currently in my background check... did my biometric on the 22nd July and resumption is on the 3rd September.... am I on a good page concerning the Med?
It’s surprising that you didnt go through a complete medical test because that was one of the initial steps for us. Later on the biometrics took place. I dont think you will be asked for a medical now.

Tarora23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
I have not done medical o oluwa Biko grant me this visa before months end.... it’s stated on my statues that I don’t need medical exams. That thy will let me know if that changes, but I have don my biometrics on the 22nd of July and am currently on my background check... the resumption date is 3rd of September and my school fanshawe college sent am mail that I should present my study permit on the 22nd which is today or they cancel my admission... my agent have to defer my admission so I don’t lose the school fees deposits I paid already and that if I get my visa before the resumption date that she will request for the admission for this sept intake back but if not then I go in with the next year intake... God knows I want this visa and I want to start with this September.... now I am worried if they are yet to request for my medical or it’s okay by them for real
Thats sad. Some colleges do have this thing, where they ask for a permit beforehand but that was not my case. I have got a weeks extension so waiting for some response. Dont worry, explain them the situation. Its not your fault that their government has not responded yet. Alot of people like us are waiting.

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
It will take a couple of days only. Trust me, You will get your visa within next week.
same thing with since I link my application last July 25 in my Gckey account, it has been in Background check, is it true that linking your paper application to GCkey acct will take more longer processing?

I have applied last June 17 with biometrics, and now 9 weeks in a row going 10 weeks next...HOPING THAT all will get what we are praying for.

Godbless Guys...

Reactions: Tarora23

Tarora23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
Please where did your friend did his biometrics? Cause I did mine on the 22nd July 2019 at lekki phase 1 Lagos state and just got a mail on the 18th August 2019 saying my application is been accepted that I can use some code sent with the mail to check my statues and when I checked my visa statues it’s said: BACKGROUND CHECK we are processing your background check.we will send you a message if we need more information..... my resumption is on the 3rd of September.... worried
Dont be. I think its on its last steps only. You will hear from them soon. Background check is supposed to be the last step.

Tarora23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
same thing with since I link my application last July 25 in my Gckey account, it has been in Background check, is it true that linking your paper application to GCkey acct will take more longer processing?

I have applied last June 17 with biometrics, and now 9 weeks in a row going 10 weeks next...HOPING THAT all will get what we are praying for.

Godbless Guys...
Yes, hope the same. So many people are dependent on this. I think its getting delayed because the number of applicants must have increased tremendously

Hello12_3

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,
I’m waiting for my study permit for September 2019 batch as well but I’ve not yet received my visa approval
My timeline is:
Application done: 10th July
Biometrics done: 15th July
Medical approved: 29th July
Biometric corresponding letter: 7th August
Till now all it shows that my background check, eligibility and final decision all are under process.
Plus my college starts on 3rd September, so idk I’m scared. Is there anyone with the same timeline? Can anyone suggest when would I get the approval approximately, just to calm down.

Tarora23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
Hi,
I’m waiting for my study permit for September 2019 batch as well but I’ve not yet received my visa approval
My timeline is:
Application done: 10th July
Biometrics done: 15th July
Medical approved: 29th July
Biometric corresponding letter: 7th August
Till now all it shows that my background check, eligibility and final decision all are under process.
Plus my college starts on 3rd September, so idk I’m scared. Is there anyone with the same timeline? Can anyone suggest when would I get the approval approximately, just to calm down.
Yours is sds or non sds?

Hello12_3

Aug 22, 2019
Yours is sds or non sds?
I am not sure about it because though I’m Indian I was born in Qatar, as well as I have Qatar RP and like studied till 10th grade in Qatar and 11th and 12th in India, when I checked the eligibility for sds, I do meet all of it, but I heard I must be a permanent resident of India like never been outside India, so idk plus I applied through an agency, they didn’t specify anything such as sds or not

Last edited: