+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for submission status after payment OINP

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hi folks,

Yesterday I submitted my profile for OINP and made the payment. After entering the credit card details, and clicking pay, I got a debit message from my bank. But the website after buffering for a few minutes gave this error: "Error. Please try again. If you continue to encounter problems, please email the ministry for assistance."
After that, when I try to make payment again I get the same error before ti goes to the actual payment page.
The status also shows "waiting for submission".
My application deadline is 25th. Really worried what to do. Anybody knows what it might be?

Thanks
Speed Test
Hi, i submitted my oinp Skilled stream last Feb 11, 2022 the status is still submitted. Does anyone here on the same boat with me?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020
Hi I got the same issue, money has been deducted from my account however in my oinp profile it says waiting for submission. while effecting the payment, it signed out. Ive tried to login and continue with payment it says Error. Please try again. If you continue to encounter problems, please email the ministry for assistance.

this issue can cause heart attack, ive emailed them, hoping them to revert asap, its really stressful. 1500cad is a big amount

update: I have received an email from OINP concerning same issue. Email is as per below:

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Please note that when the OINP e-Filing Portal is experiencing a large number of users, the system can take some time to update the status of the application from “Waiting for Submission” to “Submitted”.

If your payment has been successfully deducted, please allow 3-5 business days for us to update the status of your application to reflect that it has been submitted.

Please note that this will not have an impact on your application deadline.

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.

Sincerely,

HI!!.. I am in the exact same boat...submitted my profile and made payment on weekend Saturday...Its Monday and still waiting for the status to be changed.. I emailed them and recieved an auto-generated reply to submit a webform as they wont respond on emails after 26th February..I submitted the webform with the screenshot of payment...How long should I wait for the status to be changed. Thanks in advance

Sogo

Feb 15, 2024
HI!!.. I am in the exact same boat...submitted my profile and made payment on weekend Saturday...Its Monday and still waiting for the status to be changed.. I emailed them and recieved an auto-generated reply to submit a webform as they wont respond on emails after 26th February..I submitted the webform with the screenshot of payment...How long should I wait for the status to be changed. Thanks in advance
I did the exact same thing, only that I paid on Sunday

ayesha21

Oct 17, 2023
Hi folks
Dont worry.
they know very well when you made the payment.
As long as u have respected the time frame given to submit your application, nothing to worry.

They acknowledged the issue when ive faced same thing.
Nothing to worry. They have all records on the day u did payment.
Ive already got nomination letter & ITA.
Goodluck guys

ayesha21

Oct 17, 2023
My journey started in 2022 with no luck. Low crs 386( husband+wife)
Our crs was lower since my husband didnt do Tcf test, we are bilingual. So he did the test on 23rd of august 2023, received result 4 sept 2023, i have updated our profile same day.

My timeline as follows:
1. Got NOI on 7th of sept 2023( just 3 days after updating our profile with clb 9 tcf test)
2.submitted application with all documents required & full explanation on 17 Oct 2023.
3.Assessment : 27 Dec 2023
4.Decision in progress : 6 Feb 2024, with additional documents requested
5.Nomination received : 21 Feb 2024
6.nomination accepted on 22 Feb 2024
7.ITA : 28 Feb 2024

By the way, my husband didnt checked his EE profile earlier in feb 2024, he had already received ITA on 1st feb 2024 or 2nd feb 2024. He was not even aware. So we had to cancel the ITA & proceed with OINP nomination & then received ITA on 28 feb 2024.

Oct 11, 2020
Hi folks
Dont worry.
they know very well when you made the payment.
As long as u have respected the time frame given to submit your application, nothing to worry.

They acknowledged the issue when ive faced same thing.
Nothing to worry. They have all records on the day u did payment.
Ive already got nomination letter & ITA.
Goodluck guys

Yeah mine is also resolved thankfully...Congratulations on your ITA...As per your timeline, it took 4 months to recieve NOI from Ontario after submission?

Oct 11, 2020
Best wishes from my side sister....What do you think? HCP FSW will take same amount of time as I have less amount of time left in IELTS expiry

Jwal28

Mar 27, 2024
I was trying to make payment of $1500 in order to submit my application. However, it kept on showing that payment couldn’t be processed. I tried to do it with 3 different debit cards. After trying for a while, i closed the application.
But after sometime I saw that $1500 were transferred from my bank account to OINP. It was also transferred from other bank account which I used to do the payment.
But, upon checking in the portal it still says that my application is awaiting submission and to do so I need to make payment

$3000 gone and still showing “awaiting submission “. What should i do?