+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for SECOND Stage Approval (AIP Inland and Outland)

tiredofwariting

Jun 8, 2011
oceans_end said:
how do we know if our medical, background, rcmp checks are done or not? FOSS notes?

Submitted inland March 2010, started June 2010, AIP Jan 2011, have not heard nothing since, did our medical when we submitted our info, that is the only one we have to do correct?
usually online status tell you if medicals are received. an dfor rcmp and csis check sometimes call center would tell you or Foss notes. and you are correct there is nothing more to do after you submitted all what they asked only thing to do is wait!! lol

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Unfortunately tiredofwariting is right: Nothing else to do butkeep waiting :'(

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Was going to respond to this thread but got caught up, then got some good news!!

Applied September 2009

AIP June 2011

Landed August 12, 2011

June to August 10....no idea what was going on!! We never received a landing interview letter, only a phone call. Hubby applied for OWP as soon as AIP was received but still hasn't received it. When he called for the refund, they said anytime between today and 6 months from now. (And I bet they don't pay interest!!)

We think submitting evidence of our continuing relationship helped our case. If you do so, send it by registered mail. We still don't know if they ever added last years hand-delivered submittal to our file, but we know they received this years, because after that, things started to happen!

Good luck to everyone, hopefully you will land this year too!!

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
our daughter was born after the application was filed last year, how do we notify them? is there a form we have to fill out? I assume they already know because when we did the medical , we postponed the x-ray then did it after the baby was born?

tiredofwariting

Jun 8, 2011
@oceans_end you can always send them her birth certificate with a letter with the note there is no specific form u need to fill really since you already have AIP. I think ottawa local office should be faster than scarborough office good luck!!

@stether what's your local office?

Stethar

Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file hasn't actually been transferred. It seems to be having a cosy place on some desk in Vegreville.

tiredofwariting

Jun 8, 2011
Stethar said:
My file hasn't actually been transferred. It seems to be having a cosy place on some desk in Vegreville.
that's a first for me haven't heard or seen many ppl where after AIP file is just stuck at Vegreville for this long. I know wait times at local offices are common before or after AIP did you try calling the call center what did they tell you?

Stethar

Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
call centre just keeps telling me to wait, go figure, apparently they are still doing background checks (I'm 25, went to school, went to uni, went to Canada. I've never even been employed in Germany)
I'm getting a wee bit nervous that my background check-file got lost somewhere. Do you know of any way to find out whether it's actually still being processed?

Thanks,
Stethar

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
Nice thread gigi1612. :p

Update: Tracked my RCMP fingerprints letter to Vegreville. It was received today morning. No update on ecas yet!!

tiredofwariting

Jun 8, 2011
@ stethar I think unless you want to order FOSS notes i am not sure how else they would advise you where your background check process stands at i read from different posts from ppl where they inquired directly from CSIS to confirm if they completed BC for people. Other than that i think call center agents are not required to give u exact status on BC. Most of us in this thread i assume are waiting for second stage approval because of the dealy in background checks i think or if the local office is too busy. Lets's just hope is there light at the end of the tunnel!!
GIGI might be able to give you more insight into this

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Application received on August 24, 2010.
Processing application on October 15, 2010
Sent CSQ June 20th 2011
CSQ Approved July 18th 2011
AIP on August 4th 2011

I'm actually still waiting on my AIP letters to get here. If I dont get it by tomorrow, I'll give them a call on Monday. >.<

tiredofwariting

Jun 8, 2011
iluvcanada77 said:
Nice thread gigi1612. :p

Update: Tracked my RCMP fingerprints letter to Vegreville. It was received today morning. No update on ecas yet!!
wow it took them almost 9 months to get the rcmp letter i hope you get final approval this month then good luck!!

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
tiredofwariting said:
wow it took them almost 9 months to get the rcmp letter i hope you get final approval this month then good luck!!
No, I didn't mean that. They sent me OWP and AIP letter last week on Monday, and AIP letter asked me to do electronic fingerprints and send results to them ASAP, which I did and they received today.