+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR since 1 year

Aditya228

May 29, 2021
Hi all, hope everyone's safe and healthy. I received my ITA in July 2019 and submitted my PR application in Jan 2020, biometrics and medicals also completed and was hoping to receive a confirmation in 6-7 months (as per the timeline mentioned in IRCC) but its May 2021 and still no update on PR application. Tried to get in touch with IRCC but they send the same automated response everytime - Delay in process applications due to pandemic.

But its been more than a year and still no update, this has got me really worried. Is there anyone else facing this issue? or can guide as to what steps to take next, please help

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi all, hope everyone's safe and healthy. I received my ITA in July 2019 and submitted my PR application in Jan 2020, biometrics and medicals also completed and was hoping to receive a confirmation in 6-7 months (as per the timeline mentioned in IRCC) but its May 2021 and still no update on PR application. Tried to get in touch with IRCC but they send the same automated response everytime - Delay in process applications due to pandemic.

But its been more than a year and still no update, this has got me really worried. Is there anyone else facing this issue? or can guide as to what steps to take next, please help
Literally all FSW outland applicants are on the same boat. Except a few applications from the countries where the covid is declining

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Oh damn.. so nobody has any idea how long it could take? It's impossible to reach ircc via call ..
You can reach them via 1-888-242-2100. But you have to be calling from a Canadian phone number using an app like Fongo world. But the agents on the phone won’t give you any meaningful answer regarding how long it could take. But you can ask if your application was approved…

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

How were you able to keep your ITA open for 6 months before submitting your application?

Reactions: Princes2020

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I am also curious as the ITA expires in 90 days. Previously it was 60 days
Exactly! I'm curious too as I got an ITA in May and I'm starting a degree in Canada in September. I would like to wait till I'm inland before submitting my application. If there's a way to hold on to my ITA for 6 months I'd like to know :D .