+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR for more than 13 months

klalan

Apr 28, 2020
Hello,

I applied for my PR under CEC on March 28, 2019. It's Been exact 13 months but the only progress on my application is that my Medical Exam was passed 2 weeks back.

I consider my application is very straight forward with me being a single applicant and not foreign work experience to verify. I did order GCMS notes a in Feb 2020, but I'm not sure what to make of it. Seems like my application has been tossed at least 5 times between different offices to manage workload.

A section of the notes says's that they are waiting for my medical exam fee. While the other says that they are verifying why my first study permit was denied.

My application has been approved by Program Assistant as well as Case analyst but it has been 6-8 months since then. See the response from Case Analyst and some other officer.

Hope someone can help me here.

klalan

Apr 28, 2020
I have called them 7 times, created web forms but the only reply i've gotten is that it is in process and they cant do anything. The last time I called them, the support centre agent did tell me that he is going to put in a request for update but not sure if that did anything.

I am applying from Toronto. My file has been Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, and now I believe currently is in Montreal office.

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I have called them 7 times, created web forms but the only reply i've gotten is that it is in process and they cant do anything. The last time I called them, the support centre agent did tell me that he is going to put in a request for update but not sure if that did anything.

I am applying from Toronto. My file has been Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, and now I believe currently is in Montreal office.
When was the last time you called?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

I applied for my PR under CEC on March 28, 2019. It's Been exact 13 months but the only progress on my application is that my Medical Exam was passed 2 weeks back.

I consider my application is very straight forward with me being a single applicant and not foreign work experience to verify. I did order GCMS notes a in Feb 2020, but I'm not sure what to make of it. Seems like my application has been tossed at least 5 times between different offices to manage workload.

A section of the notes says's that they are waiting for my medical exam fee. While the other says that they are verifying why my first study permit was denied.

My application has been approved by Program Assistant as well as Case analyst but it has been 6-8 months since then. See the response from Case Analyst and some other officer.

Have you tried talking to your MP? That seems to help in a lot of cases. Helped in mine, personally.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

The GCMS notes that you have posted were generated on which date?

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Now is a very very bad time to emigrate to Canada.
Massive joblessness amid Covid, deep and prolonged recession ongoing now.
Record job losses, to the tune of about 20% (exact figure for April to be released later)
Be prepared for a very rude shock if u come.

klalan

Apr 28, 2020
Now is a very very bad time to emigrate to Canada.
Massive joblessness amid Covid, deep and prolonged recession ongoing now.
Record job losses, to the tune of about 20% (exact figure for April to be released later)
Be prepared for a very rude shock if u come.
Thanks! I'm already in Canada and have a job! Just waiting for my CEC to be processed.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

klalan

Apr 28, 2020
Update : 5/20 - I finally got an Approval for my PR. Looking to the 'new' steps after this due to coronavirus. I believe the interviews have been cancelled and they are doing it over phone.

Reactions: nns14