Waiting for PR card and need to leave canada

octprwaiting

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have landed in Canada on 1st June to activate my PR and process my PR card. Now I have to go ONLY for two week to my home country. I don't have a valid visa to come back and I am not from visa exempt country.

I want to know what are my options :

> Do I need to apply for visitor visa ? Can I apply visa while I am in Canada or I need to apply once I reach my home country.
> Just wait for PR card to come back.

Specifically wanted to know if anyone has done something similar before.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
octprwaiting said:
Hi All,

I have landed in Canada on 1st June to activate my PR and process my PR card. Now I have to go ONLY for two week to my home country. I don't have a valid visa to come back and I am not from visa exempt country.

I want to know what are my options :

> Do I need to apply for visitor visa ? Can I apply visa while I am in Canada or I need to apply once I reach my home country.

Since you are a permanent resident, you can't apply for visitor visa.

> Just wait for PR card to come back.

Yes, that's option #1. Wait for the PR card and THEN travel, or option #2, leave Canada and apply for
a travel document from outside Canada in order to return to Canada.

Specifically wanted to know if anyone has done something similar before.

octprwaiting

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about this

I have a USA visitor visa , Can I go to my home country from Canada and come back from home country --> USA and then to Canada by driving ?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
or another option is to come through US and enter Canada via land border crossing along with your COPR in a personal vehicel if you have a valid US visa...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
octprwaiting said:
How about this

I have a USA visitor visa , Can I go to my home country from Canada and come back from home country --> USA and then to Canada by driving ?
Yes, if you have a valid US visa, then you can do that. You can use the CPR to enter Canada at a land crossing if you travel
in a private vehicle ( your car or rental car, or someone car. some commercial carriers require a valid visa for Canada to let
you board the vessel and the CPR is not a valid visa ).