+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR. BOWP question

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
I've applied for my PR back in February. I've been asked to do Biometrics but since everything is closed, I am not able to get it. So my application carries on 1% a day I guess. Estimate date is August 20 and my PGWP expires in the end of July.
I think I have to apply for an Open Work Permit. I've started the process but decided to ask first. In the application they ask for biometrics too. Does it mean that I will be stuck in a some kind of limbo between PR and BOWP without having biometrics?

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
I've applied for my PR back in February. I've been asked to do Biometrics but since everything is closed, I am not able to get it. So my application carries on 1% a day I guess. Estimate date is August 20 and my PGWP expires in the end of July.
I think I have to apply for an Open Work Permit. I've started the process but decided to ask first. In the application they ask for biometrics too. Does it mean that I will be stuck in a some kind of limbo between PR and BOWP without having biometrics?
I am in the same situation and going to apply for BOWP, estimated completion date 27 Aug. But still waiting for service canada to open. Plz post if you find anything. Thanks

Reactions: WunderCat

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I am in the same situation and going to apply for BOWP, estimated completion date 27 Aug. But still waiting for service canada to open. Plz post if you find anything. Thanks
Im in same situation guys but my AOR is in May you guys far ahead but my WP expires by july and applied for BOWP already got the BIL for BOWP and couldnt submit as you all know.What i heard from other threads consider my case i havent given any Biometrics so i paid biometric fees for both PR and BOWP application.In case if i get the PR BIL too before service canada opens i can just give the Biometrics for PR and they will use the same for BOWP it happened for many but not sure if it happens to me or not.Anyhow if im able to submit biometrics i can euqire at service canada if they have any idea about submitting for both is required or not.If there is no need atleast i can save 85 bucks by just submitting biometrics for PR....some ppl say they are using biometrics given for BOWP because as service canada is closed and some ppl saying no they dont use it every application will have their own biometrics..

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Im in same situation guys but my AOR is in May you guys far ahead but my WP expires by july and applied for BOWP already got the BIL for BOWP and couldnt submit as you all know.What i heard from other threads consider my case i havent given any Biometrics so i paid biometric fees for both PR and BOWP application.In case if i get the PR BIL too before service canada opens i can just give the Biometrics for PR and they will use the same for BOWP it happened for many but not sure if it happens to me or not.Anyhow if im able to submit biometrics i can euqire at service canada if they have any idea about submitting for both is required or not.If there is no need atleast i can save 85 bucks by just submitting biometrics for PR....some ppl say they are using biometrics given for BOWP because as service canada is closed and some ppl saying no they dont use it every application will have their own biometrics..
It makes sense though to use the same biometrics for BOWP and PR (at least in my head). Because as an inland I would have to go to the same office and book the same appointment.
But who knows. Its just sad that we have to spend ~$360 and sit in limbo between PR and BOWP.

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
I guess Biometrics for PR is must even if u have given bio for other applications before. But they might use biometrics given for PR for BOWP or even if u have ever given biometrics for any other application in last 10 years could be used for BOWP or any other permit application.