+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for PPR, Visitor Visa expires in one month

marcelacota87

Apr 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I applied for EE (PSW and inland) and got my AOR on April 26. I got a request letter for an ECA on Aug 8 which I submitted on that same day. My original temporary resident permit was the working holiday visa which expired on april 29. Before it expired, I applied to extend my stay as a visitor which got approved by cic two days ago but it expires in one month. Since I am currently waiting on my PPR, what would I have to do in case my visitor visa expired before I got a PPR? Will I have to leave the country and apply for PR again, outside canada? Or will I have to extend/apply for another/new visitor visa? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :S

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
You can either try to extend your visitor visa or you will need to leave the country and wait for PPR. You won't have to apply for PR, as your application is already in process.

In any case, make sure you don't overstay your visitor visa as this would look bad on your PR application.

Shottakev

Aug 23, 2017
Hey me and my family got accepted last year September on humanitarian and compassionate application bUT it still says background checks are being review should I be worried