+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PPR, Got our COPR

ally023

Jul 30, 2018
Hi, my mom had just received her Confirmation of Permanent Residence on July 11th, applied for inland. We are currently waiting for PPR in the Philippines and its been almost 3 weeks already. Do you guys have any idea how long it takes to get PPR? I’ve been thinking, maybe the floods in Manila have caused delays to be able to deliver the said mail. Thanks to anyone who can answer. :)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Generally the copr isnt sent until they get the passports. They are stamped and the copr is returned with the stamped passport. Ppr comes first. Maybe you got prearrival services email?

ally023

Jul 30, 2018
Generally the copr isnt sent until they get the passports. They are stamped and the copr is returned with the stamped passport. Ppr comes first. Maybe you got prearrival services email?
My mom had her interview on July 11th and an officer let her sign a document which is the COPR where it says we her family are accompanying. Up until now we haven’t had mail from ircc to request for our passports and we are in the Philippines.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Copr doesnt get signed until landing in canada.

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
My mom already had COPR signed. I saw her copy. she applied inside canada. how long would it take for us to get ppr
You won't get ppr if applied inland.

Reactions: ally023

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Sorry for all the confused replies here. People clearly aren’t understanding your situation. I understand your mom applied inland and you are abroad waiting for PPR. Hopefully someone who actually understands and has experience with this type of application can chime in. Unfortunately I do not know.

klimbo13

Aug 8, 2018
No. Passing medical is just one of the many steps in thr immigration process. Though not confirmed, but it is said that some checks are run right after you submit your application. Therefore , passing medicals , gives you some level of assurance that you are ‘safe’ , but not 100%. There are many other steps where application might be rejected, such as R10 completeness check, missing documents, employment verification ( although may not be done for everyone) , verification by the local visa office etc. But if your application is complete, genuine and strong, then you can be confident of a successful outcome from the word go. Bluestacks TextNow Photomath

Reactions: ally023

ally023

Jul 30, 2018
No. Passing medical is just one of the many steps in thr immigration process. Though not confirmed, but it is said that some checks are run right after you submit your application. Therefore , passing medicals , gives you some level of assurance that you are ‘safe’ , but not 100%. There are many other steps where application might be rejected, such as R10 completeness check, missing documents, employment verification ( although may not be done for everyone) , verification by the local visa office etc. But if your application is complete, genuine and strong, then you can be confident of a successful outcome from the word go. Bluestacks TextNow Photomath
Thanks! My mom had already become a PR and hopefully we will get a mail soon. She’s very excited to see us because we haven’t seen each other for 5 years. We will be patiently waiting ☺

Marcheryl

Aug 30, 2018
hello alie, i have the same situation,my husband became pr last 25th of september..me and my son are his accompanying dependent.until now havent receive any ppr..did you already receive ppr?
thank you

ally023

Jul 30, 2018
hello alie, i have the same situation,my husband became pr last 25th of september..me and my son are his accompanying dependent.until now havent receive any ppr..did you already receive ppr?
thank you
Hi! We haven’t notice that we had already received a letter requesting for our passports on June 8 until we called the IRCC. So we applied for our visa on the 2nd of Sept then got our passports back on the 5th. We landed just on the 26th of Sept here in Canada. hopefully you will be here too.

Reactions: Marcheryl

Marcheryl

Aug 30, 2018
Hi! We haven’t notice that we had already received a letter requesting for our passports on June 8 until we called the IRCC. So we applied for our visa on the 2nd of Sept then got our passports back on the 5th. We landed just on the 26th of Sept here in Canada. hopefully you will be here too.
wow!congratulations alie. i will tell my husband if he can call ircc to check if we should have got the email too.thank you alie.

ryosuzuki

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Med's Request
September 2017
Med's Done....
November 2017
Passport Req..
October 05 2018
Hi! first congrats for making it and sorry for joining in the conversation

I think I have the same problem, my father (who is living in canada) got a letter for PPR that includes accompanying dependents and also it’s written in his copr - our names who are his dependents.

My question is why are you receiving different letters/emails tho? isn’t the application as one?

ryosuzuki

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Med's Request
September 2017
Med's Done....
November 2017
Passport Req..
October 05 2018
thank you
Hi! How is your application going?

Isn’t that automatic? Your husband recieved PPR letter/email, should that include you as well right? Isn’t the application as one?