+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for passports

CIC

Jun 14, 2010
Hi all,
I send my passports and landing fee December 11 2010 but till today not any news, I check with my bank to find out if my draft has been cash but still is not presenting why so much delay to returning passports and draft not cash yet kindly share your experience they still doing security clearance or verify something else, I receive the last email from embassy when they request the passport they mention we ready to finalize your case so send us passport and fee otherwise you have to do medical again because my medicals expire in march 26th, 2012,
now I don't know what I should do. Please advise.

gvasdev2004

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-feb-2011
LANDED..........
1-may-2011
v r in same boat just have patience ll gt it soon

CIC

Jun 14, 2010
I sent email for update our passports and what I get strange. after submitting passports and I receive this kind of email, please advise,

Dear applicant:

Your file has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment by an Immigration Officer. We do not require any additional information from you at this time. We will contact you soon to let you know what the next stage of processing will be.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
I think you do not need to worry. They will take 2/3 months in some cases also. But get ready for it.. it might be with you by the end of Feb. if i am not wrong.

Good Luck..

Regards,
Mayank

CIC said:
Hi all,
I send my passports and landing fee December 11 2010 but till today not any news, I check with my bank to find out if my draft has been cash but still is not presenting why so much delay to returning passports and draft not cash yet kindly share your experience they still doing security clearance or verify something else, I receive the last email from embassy when they request the passport they mention we ready to finalize your case so send us passport and fee otherwise you have to do medical again because my medicals expire in march 26th, 2012,
now I don't know what I should do. Please advise.

CIC

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for your reply and good wishes, but the email I receive its so strange I dont understand.please can somebody explain.

Dear applicant:

Your file has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment by an Immigration Officer. We do not require any additional information from you at this time. We will contact you soon to let you know what the next stage of processing will be.

S

shibuya

Send a email to ur V.O as I always found it better than a case specific enquiry. Sometimes they reply back within a hour.

CIC

Jun 14, 2010
thank shibuya, for your reply, I wonder how I get my office email address, every time I sent email to embassy or case inquiry I get this reply,
Dear applicant:

Yours truly,

please advise what do you think.