+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for oath ceremony to be rescheduled

Pixie2023

Apr 1, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am in Vancouver and am awaiting my oath ceremony to be rescheduled. I was originally invited on October 31st but I was out of the country. I have been back since mid-December and still have had no communications or updates to my profile. Status is still Not Started. Every time I call I am just told I need to keep waiting but they also can't give me any estimation as to how long it might take. I didn't expect it would take this long. Curious if anyone else has been waiting this long or what wait times for rescheduling the oath ceremony typically are?

Thanks.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
My partner missed his ceremony on Feb 22nd, the timezone was mountain time and we live in Vancouver, so he missed the ceremony by 1h. We sent 3 webforms and 2 emails (one to IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and one to the Edmonton office - where his application got processed), and we also mailed in a letter to Edmonton. We checked the tracker 3 days ago and they rescheduled him for April 27th. Maybe try sending a letter via email, maybe they speed up the process?

Pixie2023

Apr 1, 2023
Hi everyone. I wanted to share an update. I did everything suggested above (thanks again) and was invited to the ceremony 3 days later! I don't know if that was coincidence or not but I was delighted either way. The ceremony was scheduled for this morning, but a few minutes in they cancelled it due to technical difficulties. They just said we would be reinvited at the next available date, so I don't know if I am back at square one. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so did it take long to be reinvited? Thanks

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Hi everyone. I wanted to share an update. I did everything suggested above (thanks again) and was invited to the ceremony 3 days later! I don't know if that was coincidence or not but I was delighted either way. The ceremony was scheduled for this morning, but a few minutes in they cancelled it due to technical difficulties. They just said we would be reinvited at the next available date, so I don't know if I am back at square one. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so did it take long to be reinvited? Thanks
this is ridiculous. Looks like they have already stopped working.

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello ! Am waiting as well on my oath to be rescheduled since 2 months now....please share how long it took for yours with me :(

Pixie2023

Apr 1, 2023
I ended up waiting for 4 months for it to be rescheduled the first time but then that ceremony got cancelled. They rescheduled it again very quickly after the strike, within a week or two. Good luck!

Femo22

Mar 2, 2023
I have been waiting to be reschedule for good 11 months now from Toronto
Anyone in this same shop here

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have been waiting to be reschedule for good 11 months now from Toronto
Anyone in this same shop here
Did you call or email them? 11 months is a long time. If you would have reapplied, you would have got citizenship faster than this.