+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for my visa response.

milanshorsh

Oct 12, 2023
If anyone relates to this please do tell me something because I've been stressing out a lot. I applied for a student visa back in June, and I was supposed to attend my classes in September, but there were no more spots left and I couldn't do online for the time until my visa response was insured, I transferred into the Winter intake, and now I have received an email from my college telling me if I don't fill out the contest form I will have no other chances the Winter intake and the April intake is already closing on October 20th, and I haven't yet received my visa to upload it to to my students portal. I am well aware that as an international student from the Middle East, it takes 3 months or a bit more for a response, but I just have been stressing out too much since exactly three months have passed by. I did my biometrics in July, and to be more specific it was July 11th, and then I did my medical examination on August 14, got the response on the same date, and the last update on my IRCC application was August 16, and that I have passed the exam, as I have heard from others they told me that it's 99% obvious you'll get your visa since you've passed the medical exam and got asked to do a finger printing in the first place. Your response would mean a lot, to anyone who's in the same situation or have been through it, or anyone who knows anything about it. Thank you!

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
If anyone relates to this please do tell me something because I've been stressing out a lot. I applied for a student visa back in June, and I was supposed to attend my classes in September, but there were no more spots left and I couldn't do online for the time until my visa response was insured, I transferred into the Winter intake, and now I have received an email from my college telling me if I don't fill out the contest form I will have no other chances the Winter intake and the April intake is already closing on October 20th, and I haven't yet received my visa to upload it to to my students portal. I am well aware that as an international student from the Middle East, it takes 3 months or a bit more for a response, but I just have been stressing out too much since exactly three months have passed by. I did my biometrics in July, and to be more specific it was July 11th, and then I did my medical examination on August 14, got the response on the same date, and the last update on my IRCC application was August 16, and that I have passed the exam, as I have heard from others they told me that it's 99% obvious you'll get your visa since you've passed the medical exam and got asked to do a finger printing in the first place. Your response would mean a lot, to anyone who's in the same situation or have been through it, or anyone who knows anything about it. Thank you!
I feel your pain because I'm in the same situation as you.
I applied on July 21, 2023
Did biometric on July 24, 2023
Actually I submitted an Upfront medicals however, they requested for addition test and it was also than somewhere in August.

It's been 3 months now since I applied yet, no updates from them. I raised a webform on October 6 to inquire about my application but it hasn't been responded to as at now.

Reactions: milanshorsh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Unfortunately those people telling you about being 99% sure are not correct. Those 2 things are the first and very basic things they ask for. There are many other considerations that IRCC will look at before a SP is approved. You will just have to wait to hear more.

What is a contest form?

milanshorsh

Oct 12, 2023
Those who told me that went through the same thing I went through.
A contest form is a form you fill so you can be on the list when class registration opens, it’s basically you uploading your visa, and other papers from IRCC.
Deadline for the form is almost near and I already have missed my fall intake, and I’m about to miss on the winter intake as well, then I’ll have to ask for a new loa and apply for the April and July intake.
It’s so stressing!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Those who told me that went through the same thing I went through.
A contest form is a form you fill so you can be on the list when class registration opens, it’s basically you uploading your visa, and other papers from IRCC.
Deadline for the form is almost near and I already have missed my fall intake, and I’m about to miss on the winter intake as well, then I’ll have to ask for a new loa and apply for the April and July intake.
It’s so stressing!
We have seen many cases where there is no update information posted in the on-line tracker until the app is approved, hopefully that is the case and you will get it soon. Good luck.

rosendotiago

Jul 25, 2023
I applied on Jun 14 and get my approval yesterday Oct31, they are sooo delayed :/ I hope you`ll get an update soon!