+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for LMIA and my VISA will be expired on June 1st

sz87

May 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

My employer has applied LMIA for me last year August, and it has been taking so long and last week I got contact with the lawyer and they said that the processing time is finished and service Canada will call my employer in any day within this month. But, the thing is my visitor visa will expire on the 1st of June. My LMIA is almost approved and I have only a few days left. What can I do? Can I still stay here and waiting for the work permit with the restoration period after my visa expired?

sz87

May 15, 2019
The work permit will also take some time to process. Have you tried to extend your visitor visa?
I have already extended my visa for the second time, but to extend the third time my passport will expire in September. So, can I still extend my visitor visa for the third time?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You should at least try. And you should renew your passport - you will not be able to get a work permit if your passport is expired. And the work permit will only be issued for the life of your passport in most cases.

sz87

May 15, 2019
You should at least try. And you should renew your passport - you will not be able to get a work permit if your passport is expired. And the work permit will only be issued for the life of your passport in most cases.
Yes, i have already contact to my embassy about that too, but my embassy told me that they can't renew my passport unless i can show them my work permit .. :(