+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for FBI clearance certificate, what to do?

ravisantwani

Dec 25, 2012
hi,
got a phone call & email on Dec 4th to submit within 30 days:

1) Indian Police clearance certificates ( ready on Dec 15th )
2) Medical Check up done ( done on Dec 15th, Apollo Hospitals will send the report on Dec 22nd directly to the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi)
3) Passports of all family ONLY after completing all other documents in this email.
4) US police clearance certificate from FBI, submitted on Dec 15th FBI alongwith fingerprints from local police station ( law enforcement agency).

now FBI says on website it takes 6 weeks.

I have emailed Canadian High Commission for extension as FBI will take 6 weeks and then 2 weeks for the document to come from USA to India to me and then for me to send to Delhi.

It has been 10 days that Canadian High Commission is still to reply on this.

I request all to please guide me and help me.

thank you

Ravi Santwani

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravisantwani said:
hi,

2) Medical Check up done ( done on Dec 15th, Apollo Hospitals will send the report on Dec 22nd directly to the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi)
3) Passports of all family ONLY after completing all other documents in this email.
4) US police clearance certificate from FBI, submitted on Dec 15th FBI alongwith fingerprints from local police station ( law enforcement agency).

I have emailed Canadian High Commission for extension as FBI will take 6 weeks and then 2 weeks for the document to come from USA to India to me and then for me to send to Delhi.

thank you

Ravi Santwani
I needed to apply for FBI Clearance Letter as well, my application was received by FBI on 7/5 and I got the results around 8/15.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ravisantwani said:
hi,

thank you

Ravi Santwani
I got my letter in less than a month - have no worries, 6 weeks is rare processing time.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I've done these - FBI background checks - a few times now. Normally, I would have my fingerprints taken through the local police station and then express it over to the FBI. It took them anywhere between 3 - 4 months to mail me back the clearance letter.

I hope amikety is right and all your stuff turns out ok. Just giving you an idea of what my experience has been like. Not sure if the Canadian High Commission can help out with this. But you should certainly keep trying to get in touch and make sure they are looped in on the status as things progress.

Best of luck!