+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Biometrics Call from Service Canada - Principal Application Inland and Dependent Outland

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
I live in Calgary, and I am waiting for the Biometrics call.

Please mention the name of place you are residing now.

I had one more query, donno if you can answer.

Is there any couple, where primary applicant staying in Canada and spouse is outland- successfully completed PR process, and got COPR's?
I heard that IRCC is putting such applications on HOLD. Is it true?
I am in Surrey, BC. Yes, it is true. IRCC is not finalizing applications where a dependent is outland. According to IRCC, all the people on the applicant has to be inside Canada. An IRCC call center agent advised me that you can call you husband here on a visitor visa and then inform us and then we can do something.

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I am in Surrey, BC. Yes, it is true. IRCC is not finalizing applications where a dependent is outland. According to IRCC, all the people on the applicant has to be inside Canada. An IRCC call center agent advised me that you can call you husband here on a visitor visa and then inform us and then we can do something.
This is so unfair, its very less chances that they will approve Visiting visa.

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Can we expect any positive progress on this thing? Any idea- when will they start approving Visas for outland dependents?

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Can we expect any positive progress on this thing? Any idea- when will they start approving Visas for outland dependents?
I do not know but I am quite surprised on because we also fall under family reunion and they should be prioritizing our application rather than holding them. Lets just all pray that they do something soon about our applications,otherwise, it will be a long wait.

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
But even visitor visa need to give biometrics to enter Canada. This means our dependents can never come to Canada. This is seriously unfair.

Reactions: Loren27

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Please what’s the source of your information?, my dependent is outland and I got PPR for her already. I think you are wrong

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Please what’s the source of your information?, my dependent is outland and I got PPR for her already. I think you are wrong
Did you get COPR yet? I know there are a lot of cases where outland dependent got PPR even in March 2020 but no COPR till now. Please let me know if you get a COPR. I will be really happy to know.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Did you get COPR yet? I know there are a lot of cases where outland dependent got PPR even in March 2020 but no COPR till now. Please let me know if you get a COPR. I will be really happy to know.
See this thread for information.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/principal-applicant-inland-dependent-outland-during-covid-19.694193/page-11#post-8982974