+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Biometric Instuction Letter

shk808388

Apr 16, 2019
Hello - I am an Indian citizen residing in US. I applied online for a visitor visa for myself and my spouse from US on April 6, 2019. Due to some misunderstanding at my end I did not pay the biometric fee along with the application fee. On April 8, 2019 I received a request letter to pay the biometric fee. I immediately paid the fee on April 8, 2019 for both me and my spouse and uploaded the receipt to my application. On the website it says:

If you apply online for a visitor visa, study or work permit
  • If you pay the biometrics fee when you submit your application
    • You’ll get the letter in your account message box within 24 hours of applying.
  • If you pay the biometrics fee after you submit your application
    • It can take several days before you get the letter.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? How long is "several days"? I have planned my vacation to Canada on May 30, 2019 and looks like it is not going to be possible? Today is April 16, 2019 even if I get the letter tomorrow the earliest appointment available for biometric at the Seattle VAC is April 25, 2019. Is this enough time for me to get the visa? There is no way to contact IRCC from outside Canada other than filling up the webform, which I have multiple times and haven't gotten any response.

Appreciate if someone can help me out here and provide some guidance if you have been in a similar situation. Thanks much!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You shouldn't plan a vacation until you have your visa in hand. It seems "several days" can stretch into weeks, based on the large number of threads saying "Where is my biometrics information letter?"

I hope you get yours soon.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello - I am an Indian citizen residing in US. I applied online for a visitor visa for myself and my spouse from US on April 6, 2019. Due to some misunderstanding at my end I did not pay the biometric fee along with the application fee. On April 8, 2019 I received a request letter to pay the biometric fee. I immediately paid the fee on April 8, 2019 for both me and my spouse and uploaded the receipt to my application. On the website it says:

• You’ll get the letter in your account message box within 24 hours of applying.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? How long is "several days"? I have planned my vacation to Canada on May 30, 2019 and looks like it is not going to be possible? Today is April 16, 2019 even if I get the letter tomorrow the earliest appointment available for biometric at the Seattle VAC is April 25, 2019. Is this enough time for me to get the visa? There is no way to contact IRCC from outside Canada other than filling up the webform, which I have multiple times and haven't gotten any response.

Appreciate if someone can help me out here and provide some guidance if you have been in a similar situation. Thanks much!
You won't get any response to a web form if the issue you're facing is not critical, genuinely urgent (in your case, it is not critical and not urgent)..... nor will you get a response if processing of your application has not passed the IRCC published processing time

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Do you have a greencard? You can visit Canada any time..