xwwangsjtu

Oct 2, 2018
Hello, Guys,

I applied for TRV recently online. Below is the timeline
Original passport request -- Jan.7 2019
Passport delivered -- Jan.8 2019 (UPS)
Visa approved -- Jan.15 2019
Return tracker activated -- not yet

I included an Canada post Xpress envelope. However, the tracking number is not yet activated. Tried to reach CIC by phone, just could not get through. They are not replying to emails either.

Flying next Friday and really worried.
Can anybody let me know what else can I do other than waiting in this situation?

Thanks,

xwwangsjtu

Oct 2, 2018
My TRV approved on Jan 14. I have also sent return envelope. But my return tracker has not been activated so far too.
Any updates buddy? Tried to call them millions of times but just can not get through. They are not replying to my emails as well.

xwwangsjtu

Oct 2, 2018
I meant that they are just processing it slow. As I called Canada post and was told the package was not handled to them yet. Calling CIC to figure out what is going on. You might call 888-242-2100 as well. Will update you if I have more information.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

xwwangsjtu

Oct 2, 2018
Just called the gov, was told that they sent it on Friday around 1:40 PM. Canada post is fairly messy at this moment, first told me something wired is going on in their system. And the the "supervisor" told me that they just have not received it yet. Canada post asked me to ask the gov how did they send it...

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

xwwangsjtu

Oct 2, 2018
It can happen. But There is no point of holding Passports as we have valid Work Permit.
You have any updates? The gov told me that somebody from Canada post collected a batch of envelopes on Friday. So it is definitely Canada post having the packages.

RQQ

Nov 1, 2019
You have any updates? The gov told me that somebody from Canada post collected a batch of envelopes on Friday. So it is definitely Canada post having the packages.
Hi,

I know it's been a while but do you still remember what ended up happening with your passport? I'm in the same situation right now.