Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
09-24-2013
Hi: My Canadian husband and I (American wife) finally submitted our application package on December 2nd. I have two questions:

1) How do I know the accurate wait times? I get that it's 29 days for the sponsor to be approved (also taking in to account they're a month behind) so it's more like February until we hear back on that. But from there I'm confused....Is it LA, New York??? Which place do I look for an Outland application that was sent to Missassagua, Ontario?

2) My husband (sponsor) has through this process discovered that he has quite a bit of tax debt that's owed from a business he previously owned. Will that interfere with him being qualified to sponsor me and my two dependent children?

Any other advice is well appreciated. I have since moved up to Canada with the kids and am living here, hoping that this process doesn't really take years. Anyone else recently applied and been approved faster than they said? I have Washington state court permission to have my kids here and believe I submitted a very detailed and accurate package including upfront medical exams and passports. Would love to hear about the experiences of others?

Thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
aflower said:
1) How do I know the accurate wait times? I get that it's 29 days for the sponsor to be approved (also taking in to account they're a month behind) so it's more like February until we hear back on that. But from there I'm confused....Is it LA, New York??? Which place do I look for an Outland application that was sent to Missassagua, Ontario?
Applications for US citizens are initially done via CPP-Ottawa visa office. They are only forwarded to LA, NY etc if there are problems with the app and an interview will be requested.

Look up the CPP-Ottawa thread on this forum to get peoples current times. Seems to be around 8-10 months.

2) My husband (sponsor) has through this process discovered that he has quite a bit of tax debt that's owed from a business he previously owned. Will that interfere with him being qualified to sponsor me and my two dependent children?
Will only interfere if there are criminal charges laid.

Any other advice is well appreciated. I have since moved up to Canada with the kids and am living here,
Technically you are "visiting" here. When crossing the border never say you have moved or are living in Canada, while you are still just a visitor.