+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait for PR or reapply for visitors Visa

Qandeel

Jul 30, 2018
I am from Pakistan. And my husband is Canadian citizen. We applied for PR on 14 June 2018, and it is in process. Now it is in London Visa office. During this we applied for visitors Visa on 15 August 2018 . And it got refused due to following reason:
1. Our letter didn't satisfy immigration officer.
2. Family ties not mentioned.
3. Purpose of visit.
Duration of my stay in Canada.
Now my questions are:
1. can I reapply for visitors Visa or wait until PR Visa is approved.
2. How will I know my PR status now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am from Pakistan. And my husband is Canadian citizen. We applied for PR on 14 June 2018, and it is in process. Now it is in London Visa office. During this we applied for visitors Visa on 15 August 2018 . And it got refused due to following reason:
1. Our letter didn't satisfy immigration officer.
2. Family ties not mentioned.
3. Purpose of visit.
Duration of my stay in Canada.
Now my questions are:
1. can I reapply for visitors Visa or wait until PR Visa is approved.
2. How will I know my PR status now.
The PR process takes about a year to complete. So you still have a number of months to wait.

I wouldn't apply for the TRV again. IRCC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term so the TRV will almost certainly be refused again.

Qandeel

Jul 30, 2018
The PR process takes about a year to complete. So you still have a number of months to wait.

I wouldn't apply for the TRV again. IRCC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term so the TRV will almost certainly be refused again.
So what advice you can give me . I am confused

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So what advice you can give me . I am confused
It's very straight forward. You must wait until the PR application is processed and a PR visa is issued. Once the PR visa is issued, you will be able to travel to Canada. Processing times for PR visas are around 1 year. Since yours was submitted in June of this year, you likely still have quite a while to wait before you have the PR visa and can travel to Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

Qandeel

Jul 30, 2018
It's very straight forward. You must wait until the PR application is processed and a PR visa is issued. Once the PR visa is issued, you will be able to travel to Canada. Processing times for PR visas are around 1 year. Since yours was submitted in June of this year, you likely still have quite a while to wait before you have the PR visa and can travel to Canada.[/QUOTE
Thank you for your advice. Many Consultant tell us that we will applied for you. And your Visa will be accepted.
And also tell me how can I check where my PR is now.

Qandeel

Jul 30, 2018
It's very straight forward. You must wait until the PR application is processed and a PR visa is issued. Once the PR visa is issued, you will be able to travel to Canada. Processing times for PR visas are around 1 year. Since yours was submitted in June of this year, you likely still have quite a while to wait before you have the PR visa and can travel to Canada.
Thanks for your advice . Consultant tell us I will apply for you and you will get Visa. Is this true. Because he say your Visa application will send to Ottawa instead of abudhabi. He said that we lawyers have another website from Ottawa there is 90% chance that your Visa get accepted.
Secondly please tell me how can I check that where is my PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your advice . Consultant tell us I will apply for you and you will get Visa. Is this true. Because he say your Visa application will send to Ottawa instead of abudhabi. He said that we lawyers have another website from Ottawa there is 90% chance that your Visa get accepted.
Secondly please tell me how can I check that where is my PR?
No - it's not true. You should stay away from any consultant who is saying you have a 90% chance of being approved. This is a lie. Again, it's almost guaranteed you will be refused again.

You can check your PR application status here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There isn't an alternative to get to canada. Like I can't wait anymore.
There really aren't any alternatives.

You can certainly try applying for the TRV again - however refusal is almost guaranteed.

Another option would be to apply for a closed work permit. However this requires you to have a job offer in Canada from a Canadian employer and that employer must obtain an approved LMIA (before you can apply for a closed work permit) which is a 4-6 month process. Generally speaking, it's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process.

A study permit would be an option potentially. However you would face a high chance of refusal since IRCC would suspect you are using the study permit to move to Canada early and because you already have one TRV refusal. It's also too late to apply for the September semester so the earliest you could come is for the January term. This path requires you to pay international student fees which are high and demonstrate at least $25K in funds to support your studies. Your planned studies in Canada must also make sense in light of your previous education and work experience - and you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country to demonstrate you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. This would be extremely difficult for you to do given you've applied for PR.

So the short answer is that you will almost certainly have to wait out the processing of your PR application outside of Canada.

Qandeel

Jul 30, 2018
There really aren't any alternatives.

You can certainly try applying for the TRV again - however refusal is almost guaranteed.

Another option would be to apply for a closed work permit. However this requires you to have a job offer in Canada from a Canadian employer and that employer must obtain an approved LMIA (before you can apply for a closed work permit) which is a 4-6 month process. Generally speaking, it's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process.

A study permit would be an option potentially. However you would face a high chance of refusal since IRCC would suspect you are using the study permit to move to Canada early and because you already have one TRV refusal. It's also too late to apply for the September semester so the earliest you could come is for the January term. This path requires you to pay international student fees which are high and demonstrate at least $25K in funds to support your studies. Your planned studies in Canada must also make sense in light of your previous education and work experience - and you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country to demonstrate you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. This would be extremely difficult for you to do given you've applied for PR.

So the short answer is that you will almost certainly have to wait out the processing of your PR application outside of Canada.
Thank you for your advice. I will follow it.