+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wages rate in Manitoba and how much difficult is it to live in Manitoba?

soccer12o

Dec 17, 2012
Hi everyone, :)

I will be applying for International Collage of Manitoba in May 2013 session. I applying for foundation course. Therefore, I have some questions to ask from you all. Pls advise and answer:

1. Whats the real advantage of going in foundation course?

2. How much difficult is to earn in Manitoba? I know winnipeg, manitoba is the most cheapest city in Canada. Thats why I choosed manitoba. However, my problem is that my family can only support me financially till first four months (a semester). After that all i have to do is by me, own. Now here the problem is *PARTTIME/FULLTIME Job*. IS IT EASIER TO WORK ILLEGAL IN MANITOBA? Normal wage differs from 10.25 to 15 per hour. But whats the wage if we work illegal? If I get C$14 per hour and If I work 35 hours, I will fall somewhere near C$1940 per month.. In which I have to cover my tution fees and accomadation, food. Whats the possibility?

3. Third problem is BANK STATEMENT? I need to show around 25 lacs, that I know. But in Pakistan, whats the alternative to it? Can we make a LEGAL bank statement in 1-2 lacs for 4months with loans and all? Is it easy?

4. IS THERE ANY STUDENT GOING TO MANITOBA, OR IS IN MANITOBA? If yes, pls notify me, I would like to add them.
I just want to share their expierence in Maniotba.

Thanking everyone in anticipation.

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
soccer12o said:

I will be applying for International Collage of Manitoba in May 2013 session. I applying for foundation course. Therefore, I have some questions to ask from you all. Pls advise and answer:

2. How much difficult is to earn in Manitoba? I know winnipeg, manitoba is the most cheapest city in Canada. Thats why I choosed manitoba. However, my problem is that my family can only support me financially till first four months (a semester). After that all i have to do is by me, own. Now here the problem is *PARTTIME/FULLTIME Job*. IS IT EASIER TO WORK ILLEGAL IN MANITOBA? Normal wage differs from 10.25 to 15 per hour. But whats the wage if we work illegal? If I get C$14 per hour and If I work 35 hours, I will fall somewhere near C$1940 per month.. In which I have to cover my tution fees and accomadation, food. Whats the possibility?

3. Third problem is BANK STATEMENT? I need to show around 25 lacs, that I know. But in Pakistan, whats the alternative to it? Can we make a LEGAL bank statement in 1-2 lacs for 4months with loans and all? Is it easy?

4. IS THERE ANY STUDENT GOING TO MANITOBA, OR IS IN MANITOBA? If yes, pls notify me, I would like to add them.

1. Winnipeg isn't a cheapest city of Canada.
2. No employer will hire you in Canada without a valid SIN and work permit.

ome700

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
LANDED..........
After Visa
soccer12o said:

Dear please keep in mind. It's highly unlikely that anyone pay their fees from part time earning. Only you can earn your living in big cities.

soccer12o

Dec 17, 2012
What if I pay my first year full fees from Pakistan. And then earn in Canada for the next year, is it possible?

P.S: Thanks for the replies.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

soccer12o said:
What if I pay my first year full fees from Pakistan. And then earn in Canada for the next year, is it possible?

P.S: Thanks for the replies.
You won't as International College in Manitoba is NOT a recognized school for off-campus work permits. Although it is affiliated with the UofM you better check re: off campus work permits.

Assiniboine Community College
Booth University College
Brandon University
Canadian Mennonite University
Providence University College
Red River College of Applied Arts and Sciences
Université de Saint Boniface
University College of the North
University of Manitoba
University of Winnipeg

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
soccer12o said:

You are highly misguided at this point. If the legal minimum wage is about $10 an hour, what makes you think that you will earn 14-15 an hour by working for cash??? You're looking at about $8 an hour at best if you work illgeally without a work permit. Definitely not going to be enough to afford Tuition fees. I'd suggest that improve your financial situation considerably before coming here.

soccer12o

Dec 17, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

You won't as International College in Manitoba is NOT a recognized school for off-campus work permits. Although it is affiliated with the UofM you better check re: off campus work permits.

Assiniboine Community College
Booth University College
Brandon University
Canadian Mennonite University
Providence University College
Red River College of Applied Arts and Sciences
Université de Saint Boniface
University College of the North
University of Manitoba
University of Winnipeg
Thanks alot dude. I never thought about that. I however, need to confirm this thing. since even if you go in first year of engineering or any other program you still will be going in ICM since international students and not good enough to compete with the local students there in order to get 3.0 GPA or above. thats why they have this ICM organization whcih hels international students as there si more concentration in ICM classes becauses classes are small.

soccer12o

Dec 17, 2012
ameet747 said:
You are highly misguided at this point. If the legal minimum wage is about $10 an hour, what makes you think that you will earn 14-15 an hour by working for cash??? You're looking at about $8 an hour at best if you work illgeally without a work permit. Definitely not going to be enough to afford Tuition fees. I'd suggest that improve your financial situation considerably before coming here.
You have a valid point. And I have to think twice about this now. I have decided to come in 1st year university program instead of coming in foundation course. I would pay the fees of the whole first year. And would bring enough money with me for my first year accomadation and living. I would work illegal, if required, and would aim for C$8 per hour for 35 hours per week. As a result, I would be able to collect fees for my next university year.

However, is it easy to do illegal work in Manitoba? By illegal, I mean, if you're allowed to work 20 hours, can we work 35 hours ileegal?

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
soccer12o said:
You have a valid point. And I have to think twice about this now. I have decided to come in 1st year university program instead of coming in foundation course. I would pay the fees of the whole first year. And would bring enough money with me for my first year accomadation and living. I would work illegal, if required, and would aim for C$8 per hour for 35 hours per week. As a result, I would be able to collect fees for my next university year.

However, is it easy to do illegal work in Manitoba? By illegal, I mean, if you're allowed to work 20 hours, can we work 35 hours ileegal?

Ask yourself..... what's more important.... 8 dollar or a deportation!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/11/01/sk-nigerian-students-1210.html

Both are everywhere on www.google.ca (Note the word 'ca').