+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vulnerable worker open permit - urgent

required

Jun 18, 2020
Dear experienced members of the forum, request you to kindly share your valuable opinion:

I understand VWOWP is for vulnerable workers in Canada. During the process of the application, is the migrant vulnerable worker allowed to leave Canada (while the application is pending) and return? A lot of places it says to be eligible a worker has to be in Canada at the time of applying. But whether the worker can travel while the application is pending is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Appreciate your help!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
If you have a valid work permit and a TRV if necessary, you can leave the country and return during the period of validity. If you are on implied status, leaving the country will 'cancel' your application.

Arungaur

Sep 1, 2020
Dear experienced members of the forum, request you to kindly share your valuable opinion:

I understand VWOWP is for vulnerable workers in Canada. During the process of the application, is the migrant vulnerable worker allowed to leave Canada (while the application is pending) and return? A lot of places it says to be eligible a worker has to be in Canada at the time of applying. But whether the worker can travel while the application is pending is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Appreciate your help!
Did you received you vulnerable open work Permit
Please share the timeline i am in same situation