+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Volunteer job

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Good evening everyone, I need someone to educate me. I applied for a job through a certain agency, and the agency wrote to tell me that due to the COVID 19 the the position I applied for in Europe won't be available. But they told me there's a volunteer job in Canada that if I want to do a volunteer job, they can assist me in that. I accepted the offer, and they have started to arrange for a contract to be signed. But currently in my country the Canada embassy is closed but according to them the visa will be applied through online. But I want to know would they give a letter of approval for me to get to Canada before the visa is placed in my passport or how do I get the visa in my passport? Kindky help me please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good evening everyone, I need someone to educate me. I applied for a job through a certain agency, and the agency wrote to tell me that due to the COVID 19 the the position I applied for in Europe won't be available. But they told me there's a volunteer job in Canada that if I want to do a volunteer job, they can assist me in that. I accepted the offer, and they have started to arrange for a contract to be signed. But currently in my country the Canada embassy is closed but according to them the visa will be applied through online. But I want to know would they give a letter of approval for me to get to Canada before the visa is placed in my passport or how do I get the visa in my passport? Kindky help me please.
Sounds like you are being scammed.

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Sounds like you are being scammed.
Honestly, They did not charge me any money. They said when I get to Canada, 10 percent of my duration of contract will be paid to them, that their company does not take prepayment. That's got me convinced some how

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Honestly, They did not charge me any money. They said when I get to Canada, 10 percent of my duration of contract will be paid to them, that their company does not take prepayment. That's got me convinced some how
Sounds even more like a scam now.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So are any one of accommodation, food or flights being provided given if they are then generally will be a scam. Also due to COVID virtually everything is on hold now anyway but what exactly is this volunteer job and who is paying for the work permit / TRV application which of course is not free ?

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
So are any one of accommodation, food or flights being provided given if they are then generally will be a scam. Also due to COVID virtually everything is on hold now anyway but what exactly is this volunteer job and who is paying for the work permit / TRV application which of course is not free ?
The volunteer job is food packaging, picking of farm produce, the employer provides for accommodation, feeding, flight, and health insurance. All these are to be provided by the employer. And ever since the process started, they never asked me for any payment. They made me went got medicals and also did a working insurance policy and all was emailed to them. Just yesterday, they emailed to tell me to provide my contact control person his address, phone, so that should in case of emergency they will contact the fellow. They also told me my documents has been forwarded and they are waiting for the contract to be signed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The volunteer job is food packaging, picking of farm produce, the employer provides for accommodation, feeding, flight, and health insurance. All these are to be provided by the employer. And ever since the process started, they never asked me for any payment. They made me went got medicals and also did a working insurance policy and all was emailed to them. Just yesterday, they emailed to tell me to provide my contact control person his address, phone, so that should in case of emergency they will contact the fellow. They also told me my documents has been forwarded and they are waiting for the contract to be signed.
Scam. That is NOT volunteering. That is work.

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Scam. That is NOT volunteering. That is work.
This was what they sent to me : Volunteer to Canada. Responsibilities include - assistance in organizing order in times of crisis from charitable foundations and non-profit organizations:
- Territory Cleaning
- Work in warehouses: sorting - packaging, picking of food products, clothes, medicines
- Work in the agricultural sector (farms, factories)
- Work in refugee camps - distribution of food / clothes, cleaning of the territory, etc.

The work of the volunteer is coordinated on the spot in accordance with the rules established by charitable and non-profit organizations and involves a minimum wage, a full social package, a social guarantee, free accommodation. Visa 2 years.

Candidate Requirement:
- Social responsibility
- Age not older than 50 years.
- Stress resistance
- Physical health
- English level intermediate
- Sociability

Working conditions:
The employer provides a full social package, which includes meals, accommodation, air travel (charter).
2 years in Canada. No special permits are required to obtain a visa for a volunteer; an invitation from a charity is sufficient. The recruitment of volunteers is carried out under the program of "International Mobility Program". Remuneration is made by each charitable organization within the social fund of the inviting organization and corresponds to the minimum wage in Canada of 11.06 CAD per hour. A working day of at least 10 hours.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
becarefull

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
still becarefull.there is noting free on this earth any more

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
how they will process ypur visa even from 2 to 3 months applications are on the hold or delayed due to covid 19 .even i have to postpond my tour i have already visa because its ban travling except essentials travelers etc

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
how they will process ypur visa even from 2 to 3 months applications are on the hold or delayed due to covid 19 .even i have to postpond my tour i have already visa because its ban travling except essentials travelers etc
According to them there are exceptions on foreign workers. Even at the immigration website, they stated that they have open the labor market for foreign workers to travel to Canada. And the work the person is coming to do, should be a work that will help the growth of the economy. But tourist and other purposes are not exempted.

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
still becarefull.there is noting free on this earth any more
Actually it's not for free, they will take ten percent of the duration of the contract. But they are not taken any prepayment from me until I am there and start to work. I will still be careful though