+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

voluntary renouncement of PR

Monet44

Jun 27, 2017
does anyone know how to upload the photos required by the powers that be - they want two photos one of them with the name etc of the photographer on the back - how on earth do you do that ?? so confused

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others will correct me but thought that rule can only be applied with a paper application and anyone for example uploading a renounce package through MYCIC also included a copy of the bio page of their passport to confirm their ID maps to the photo.

In general also thought renounce was a paper application, not online and ability to upload would only be in response to a specific request from CIC.

As said others will correct me if I got this wrong about the photo but also I expect CIC are not that fussy processing renounce applications as long as you show proof you are who you say you are so they renounce the correct person.

Monet44

Jun 27, 2017
another stupid question -I have uploaded all the documents required of me via the secure site - but i cannot see that they are all there - It looks like only the copy of my passport is there ?? and i cannot click on it to see - even though when i sent the documents it said transmitting - should i wait - or just upload the missing documents ?? i dont want to go past my deadline and have to start again