+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Voluntary departure from US, want to apply for student visa in canada

sanjay9

Sep 30, 2019
Hi, I was enrolled in a university in the US for 1 and a half year which later got shut down by USCIS due to some issues this January, I was picked up by ICE and was in detention to attend court for 3 months ,I asked and was granted voluntary departure with court hearing documents and voluntary departure document stating no ban on returning to US due to no fault on my side and I hold no criminal records or any tickets of any sort. My whole history is clean and have no ban on reentry to US. . I returned to my home country and its been 6 months now.I am a student and still want to continue studying and want to apply for student visa in Canada. will this Voluntary departure or this history affect my student visa if I want to apply now? and how should I report this in my documents when I apply for the student visa. PLEASE HELP .

Last edited:

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi, I was enrolled in a university in the US for 1 and a half year which later got shut down by USCIS due to some issues this January, I was picked up by ICE and was in detention to attend court for 3 months ,I asked and was granted voluntary departure with court hearing documents and voluntary departure document stating no ban on returning to US due to no fault on my side and I hold no criminal records or any tickets of any sort. My whole history is clean and have no ban on reentry to US. . I returned to my home country and its been 6 months now.I am a student and still want to continue studying and want to apply for student visa in Canada. will this Voluntary departure or this history affect my student visa if I want to apply now? and how should I report this in my documents when I apply for the student visa. PLEASE HELP .

It will depends on hour IRCC will review your immigration history in the states. On the studying permit application form, there is a section where you must declare any past refusals, deportation and denied entries into any countries. You can explain the reasons why you left and attached any documents proving that you left with good terms on events that you had no control off.