+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Voltage in Canada

Pat2016

Oct 25, 2016
Hi, we need some help with our sewing machine. My wife bought it in Thailand where the voltage is 220 and now, here in Canada, the voltage is 110, so the sewing machine doesn't work. It's a $1000 dollar sewing machine, so we don't want to have to buy a new one. Is there some way to up the voltage? Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi, we need some help with our sewing machine. My wife bought it in Thailand where the voltage is 220 and now, here in Canada, the voltage is 110, so the sewing machine doesn't work. It's a $1000 dollar sewing machine, so we don't want to have to buy a new one. Is there some way to up the voltage? Thanks.
1, You can buy a transformer on line. Note you should check the sewing machine will work with 60 hertz rather than the 50 hertz in Thailand.
2 Also check the machine to see if there is already a dual voltage switch on it,

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
The transformer is called a step up transformer. And the Hertz will work but it degrades the equipment faster. Also make sure that whatever transformer you purchase it has at least the wattage capability that you need. Might prove expensive to purchase a transformer, though possible on Amazon. For the most part I found it less expensive to just replace my appliances with Canadian ones. Good luck.

kabayanko

Aug 14, 2014
Just check one of this from the nearby TheSource by circuit city or any electronic store.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/travel-and-outdoor-recreation/bags-and-accessories/travel-accessories/krieger-ult150-150w-step-up-down-voltage-transformer/p/108026257#product-details