+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Voltage compatability - between UAE and Canada

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Dear all, I am somehow in the same situation will be relocating from UAE to Canada soon and have a bunch of electronic appliance which I would not sell and buy again and suffer a financial loss unless don’t have the choice.
I have been told that most devices would work but need to make sure it’s the case as I don’t want the lost to be enormous (shipping cost + having all these appliance there without any possibility to sell them once there).
So based on what I’ve red in this threat the devices need to have 110-240 and 50-60Hz, is it correct?

On a related note, my devices would be: 3 TV sets, a sound bar, Roomba vacuum, 3M air cleaners, and other stuffs. Can you please advise?

Thanks
Hello

Please let me know your TV bought in UAE is working in Canada without transformer

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
Please let me know your TV bought in UAE is working in Canada without transformer
It depends on the TV you have. Most modern TVs support 110-240V, but check the back of your TV.

Also, broadcast wouldn't work as Canada uses NTSC, while UAE uses PAL. But if you are going to be hooking it up to a cable service (like Rogers/Bell), it shouldn't matter.