+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vocational / Technical Training & ECA

thegh0sts

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I have completed 3 technical college courses in Australia but only 1 of them is a full year while the others are all 6 month courses. When I try and enter either of my 6 month courses into my CIC application it does not allow it as they only allow courses that are a minimum of 1 year.

These courses aren't the highest I've achieved, I have my bachelor's for that (and it's somewhat related to my occupation).

So should I bother supplying my technical college certificates even if I have a relevant degree and work experience?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I have completed 3 technical college courses in Australia but only 1 of them is a full year while the others are all 6 month courses. When I try and enter either of my 6 month courses into my CIC application it does not allow it as they only allow courses that are a minimum of 1 year.

These courses aren't the highest I've achieved, I have my bachelor's for that (and it's somewhat related to my occupation).

So should I bother supplying my technical college certificates even if I have a relevant degree and work experience?
It depends on whether your CRS Score needs it? First off, did you get your Bachelor's Degree and technical college certificates assessed? What Canadian Equivalency did you receive for each? If one of your Degrees (most likely the Bachelor's) was assessed as a 3-year post-secondary Diploma/Degree, and at least one of the others was a 1-year post-secondary Certificate/Diploma/Degree, you will be able to claim points for having '2 or more Certificates/Diplomas/Degrees..." vs. just 'Bachelor's Degree...', which will award you more points for your CRS Score. But that's all dependent on the Canadian Equivalency Assessments.