+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VO asked for the passport for Visa issuance

Suhairs

Nov 18, 2017
Hi all,
I have sponsored my husband, and just received an email asking for his passport for visa issuance. i have included his dependent children ( my step children) in the application as requested, but i did not want to sponsor them because they live in their home country and not planning to move to canada, as i mentioned in the application.
why did the Visa office asked for their passports? along with my husband's passport.
They are aged

thanks!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Passport should be submitted for the person you sponsored (i.e., your husband) and any of your husband accompanying child.

In the Generic Application Form (IMM0008).........Dependant’s Personal Details section........did you check "NO" for your husband dependent children (your step children).

Question 11
Check the box to indicate whether or not, your dependant will accompany you to Canada.
If you answered “No”, provide the reason why your dependant is non-accompanying.​

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

Its a general email to request for passport of the principal applicant and any principal applicant accompanying dependents.

If you checked No for ALL your step children in IMM008 Question 11......only principal applicant should send passport to VO for PR visa issuance.