+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vistor Visa while Spousal Sponsorship for PR is in process - India Applicants

ergagandeep28

Jul 22, 2015
Please let me know when is the best time to apply for a Visitor Visa while the Spousal Sponsorship for PR is in process. I have read on this forum that it is best to apply after you receive Spousal Approval. Does Visitor Visa anyway depend upon the same?Also, I have applied for Spousal Sponsorship, Visa Office-NEW DELHI , 2 days before. Let me know the average time take for each procedure? I want to hear the answers for 2014-2015 New Delhi Applicants.
Please help me in this regard.

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
ergagandeep28 said:
Please let me know when is the best time to apply for a Visitor Visa while the Spousal Sponsorship for PR is in process. I have read on this forum that it is best to apply after you receive Spousal Approval. Does Visitor Visa anyway depend upon the same?Also, I have applied for Spousal Sponsorship, Visa Office-NEW DELHI , 2 days before. Let me know the average time take for each procedure? I want to hear the answers for 2014-2015 New Delhi Applicants.
Please help me in this regard.
We got SA on July 1st, 2015 -> Applied for visit visa on July 10th at VFS New Delhi and had our passport and visa back in hand on 21st July. Hope that helps.

Mona8200

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 april 2015
Med's Done....
15 dec 2014
Hi
Can we get visitor visa for spouse after sponsor approval. I heard its hard to get visa. What are the chances . Please help.. My husband is in India right now and we applied in feb.

GurpreetDhadda

Feb 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
Remedical request 02-02-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2016
IndoCanadian2015 said:
We got SA on July 1st, 2015 -> Applied for visit visa on July 10th at VFS New Delhi and had our passport and visa back in hand on 21st July. Hope that helps.
Hi,

Can so post the list of documents you submitted with the application. I am especially looking for documents you submitted from india. Also is your partner in india studying or working.

Thanks

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
GurpreetDhadda said:
Hi,

Can so post the list of documents you submitted with the application. I am especially looking for documents you submitted from india. Also is your partner in india studying or working.

Thanks
Hey, my partner is working currently, and getting a letter from her employer proving approved vacation did the trick i think.

Along with the application, here is a list of all the supporting information we submitted:

1. Cover Letter explaining our intent.
2. Letter from employer granting leave.
3. Income tax returns for past two years for both the principal applicant and the sponsor.
4. Evidence of financial standing for both the principal applicant and the sponsor - pay stubs, bank statements, savings certificates, PF, etc.
5. Tentative flight itinerary.
6. Proof of completion of upfront medical exam (same from the sponsorship application).
7. Police Certificates and Clearances (same from the sponsorship applications).
8. Notarized letter of invitation and sponsorship (declaring full financial support) from sponsor in Canada.
9. Copy of Marriage Certificate to prove relationship to the inviter.
10. Copy of the Sponsorship Approval Letter from our immigration application.

I would encourage everyone to apply for a TRV. Its completely possible to get one. Just make sure you provide enough proof that you will leave canada at the end of your trip and that you have enough financial standing to support your trip(s).

This link should provide you with some additional guidance: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

Cheers.

M

mikeymyke

Mona8200 said:
Hi
Can we get visitor visa for spouse after sponsor approval. I heard its hard to get visa. What are the chances . Please help.. My husband is in India right now and we applied in feb.
The chances will be virtually zero, since your husband was a failed refugee claimant.