SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Hi guys I am helping my friend apply for a visa to come to canada. She is currently still in high school so I will be footing all expenses ticket, living,entertainment etc.

Would she require a letter from her high school proving she is in school?

What other documents can help her application

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration usually don't like people saying their host will bear all expenses and they likely want to see applicant's own finances. Ask your friend to travel with mom and pa instead and have her parents provide the supporting document when they apply.

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Immigration usually don't like people saying their host will bear all expenses and they likely want to see applicant's own finances. Ask your friend to travel with mom and pa instead and have her parents provide the supporting document when they apply.
The thing is her mom is hearing impaired and unemployed. Her sister is the one that mainly assist her . She basically has a sort of tuff life in her country. She did very well in school that's why I wanted to give her a vacation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The thing is her mom is hearing impaired and unemployed. Her sister is the one that mainly assist her . She basically has a sort of tuff life in her country. She did very well in school that's why I wanted to give her a vacation.
She will need to demonstrate strong ties to her home country to be approved. If you are funding the whole trip (vs. her parents), this will most likely reduce the chances of approval. However you can certainly try. I would recommend that you keep her trip relatively shortly (2-3 weeks).

Note that Canada has travel restrictions in place at this time until June 30th. Make sure her planned travel is after this date since the travel ban applies to her and she won't be able to come here during COVID.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks , but as a child /student she doesn't have much ties. Sigh
Agreed. This is why it's best if the parents fund the trip.

If that's not possible, then you'll just have to apply and hope for the best.

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
She will need to demonstrate strong ties to her home country to be approved. If you are funding the whole trip (vs. her parents), this will most likely reduce the chances of approval. However you can certainly try. I would recommend that you keep her trip relatively shortly (2-3 weeks).

Note that Canada has travel restrictions in place at this time until June 30th. Make sure her planned travel is after this date since the travel ban applies to her and she won't be able to come here during COVID.
Thanks , but as a child /student she doesn't have much ties. Sigh. Can I get her sister to somehow show that she will provide funds for spending and entertainment? Would that suffice? If yes, how can I go about doing that? What can I show