+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visting USA

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi all , i got my Canadian citizenship, and i want to go USA for vacation ,but in bakchome when i got visa to USA and i came to US but instead to return back-home i decided to come to Canada and apply asylum-seeker ,after i got my PR i went to US consular in Toronto to get visa but they refused to give me visa the officer told me you supposed to go back to your country not to come to Canada and apply refugee, But now after i got my Canadian passport i dont need visa do you guys think US immigration will let me in or not? i want visit USA? ,,,,,, please answer experience only

thank you

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I do agree, that you'll only know by trying to cross the border. Maybe try a land border for a day, if you live close by. Just make sure that if they ask if you've ever had issues with customs, answer truthfully.

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will let you cross but expect to have a hard time at the customs and you probably going to be sent to a secondary screening process.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
As a general rule, unless you're a citizen of a country and have a constitutional right to enter it, that country has the right to forbid you from crossing its borders, regardless of the paperwork you have (be it visas or non-visa passports).

That being said, no reason not to let you in. As others said, give it a shot :)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Yes, they have every right to stop you from coming in for any reason, but there are rules and guidelines for such a decision.

Unless one of the "inadmissibility" grounds is applied to you, you should be permitted to enter the US. But with the current anti-immigrant administration, who knows!

I personally know 3 persons who did the same thing you did and have been travelling to the US for the past 6 years with no issues. Note: they've never had any issues with the law.

See link below.

https://www.immihelp.com/travel/grounds-of-inadmissibility-entering-united-states.html

Last edited:

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
thank you for reply
when i went to US consulate in Toronto , the interview is just took less half minute ,the officer told me you supposed to go back to your country not to come to Canada and apply refugee she gave me red refusal paper and told me try again!! one more thing when got USA visa in backhome i changed my professional status but when i came to Canada i told the trues so maybe Canadian immigration gave US immigration my real story, please share your experience

Last edited:

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
thank you for reply
when i went to US consulate in Toronto , the interview is just took less half minute ,the officer told me you supposed to go back to your country not to come to Canada and apply refugee she gave me red refusal paper and told me try again!! one more thing when got USA visa in backhome i changed my professional status but when i came to Canada i told the trues so maybe Canadian immigration gave US immigration my real story, please share your experience
Where do you live? As I said, you won't know unless you don't try. Take your Canadian passport and cross a border. Only answer the questions asked by the officer, do not divulge any extra information. Speak briefly and precisely. Don't provide extra details but don't omit important details either.

For example, the answer to the question "have you ever been denied entry to the USA?" can be answered as "no" as you were denied a visa, not an entry...

Last edited:

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Where do you live? As I said, you won't know unless you don't try. Take your Canadian passport and cross a border. Only answer the questions asked by the officer, do not divulge any extra information. Speak briefly and precisely. Don't provide extra details but don't omit important details either.

For example, the answer to the question "have you ever been denied entry to the USA?" can be answered as "no" as you were denied a visa, not an entry...
thanks for reply ,i moved to Fort McMurray Alberta , but i may try land crossing first. have plan to visit Vancouver then to Seattle by bus or trian