+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visting PhD Student 55 Day Stay

salexievich

Nov 30, 2019
Hi all,

I'm a PhD student in the UK. I've been accepted to the do an informal visit to a university in Montreal (by informal I mean I will not be registered with the university, they're just giving me desk space and a chance to talk to people).

I'm not being paid (aside from my PhD stipend from the British government going into my British bank account).

I'm wondering in these circumstances is there any need for me to apply for a student visa vis-a-vis an ETA.

Small complicating factor: I might also visit the US once or twice during these weeks - to go to New York purely as a tourist and visit my grandmother.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I'm a PhD student in the UK. I've been accepted to the do an informal visit to a university in Montreal (by informal I mean I will not be registered with the university, they're just giving me desk space and a chance to talk to people).

I'm not being paid (aside from my PhD stipend from the British government going into my British bank account).

I'm wondering in these circumstances is there any need for me to apply for a student visa vis-a-vis an ETA.

Small complicating factor: I might also visit the US once or twice during these weeks - to go to New York purely as a tourist and visit my grandmother.
You haven't said what passport / citizenship you hold.

You neither either an eTA or TRV depending on the answer to the above.