+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visits and PR

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
WOW this is alot to take in i have sorted out the money i would need for a 6 months stay ( hopefully ) :)

looking through alot of theses questions and i find something else i need to ask on here to hopefully clear it up as well

1, so when i visit my girlfriend weather its for 3 weeks, 3 month or 6 months are you saying that i should say my relationship with my girlfriend is just a friend or as my girlfriend i live in uk she is canadian i said its a friend on my first visit my next visit is at end of this month for 3 weeks

2, so i get a 6 month stay then apply for a extention when do you apply for that and how long does it take for them to say yes or no

3, i get my extention for another 6 months and will then of lived with her for the 12 months needed for the common law so she can sponsor me, when do you apply or that and how long does it take for them to give me a PR will i have too leave and go home and wait or can you apply for another extention or will it be sorted before my stay is up

4, i dont get my extention grated ( sad face ) and have too leave if i then come back for another 6 months later does that class as the full 12 months of living together and do all the trips i made to her as well count as time living there ( what are the main reasons why they wouldnt give me a extention that you have heard of )

i know theses are easy for you guys/girls but there are so many things to find and sort out and do before i intend to move there that i want to be well propered for when it happens it feels like the easiest way is to get married for the sponsor but i want to enjoy it and get married when we have the money and all the family there as well not just to move there and i dont like being in a room asked questions either i forget what they want and i no i wouldnt be good at proving that i love her ( just when been bad at work and in manager office but iam sure its worse lol ) and it wasnt just so i can move to canada but to be with her

westy

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Many people say visiting friends.

2) If you are allowed into Canada, as a Brit the default period is six months; yes you can apply for an extension (or multiple extensions).
Processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

The extension application has to arrive at CIC before your visa/visitor record (or six month period) expires.

3) Will you apply inland or outland?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

4) Common law = you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted. You are allowed short absences for business travel or family reasons.

There are many reasons why they would not give an extension, too many to list here.

If you are asked to attend an interview, it is mandatory.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
ok so it takes 2 days for the extension thats ok but for the sponsor it take 9 months or is that the PR itself
would like to stay there once i have been there 12 months so inland
but i guess its another stubbling block yet again that needs to be worked out what we would decide to do what is the difference
and the friend and girlfriend thing so even if you are visiting like every few months you can and they will still accept you saying a friend just wanted to know how they would look at it for each one

westy

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
westy888 said:
ok so it takes 2 days for the extension thats ok but for the sponsor it take 9 months or is that the PR itself
would like to stay there once i have been there 12 months so inland
but i guess its another stubbling block yet again that needs to be worked out what we would decide to do what is the difference
and the friend and girlfriend thing so even if you are visiting like every few months you can and they will still accept you saying a friend just wanted to know how they would look at it for each one

westy
Where do you see two days for an extension?
Last time I looked it was about 50 days (applying online ) and over 110 days applying by mail.

You need to re-read the processing time pages.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
yep you are right i was looking at the outside of canada one lmao

so when and if i stay for 12 months is the 9 months for the sponsor the time till i get my PR or do i get it after the 12 months ?

westy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not even apply for sponsorship until after you have live together for 12 months so the 9 months is after you have applied. If you are uk, you should look at bunac.org and see if you can get that working holiday. Then you will have an open work permit and can stay in Canada and work for a year and then apply to change your status to visitor if you still want to stay or apply for bunac again.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
just looked at that site and sadly iam 31 so not in the requirements ( too old ) :(

if iam a visitor ( get another extention ) when being sponsored then am i live outside or that lives in canada if i can stay in canada while the sponsorship is being assessed as outside says 36 days for my girlfriends assessment then 9 months but inside takes 9-10 month and then another 9 months

westy

eager_ruby

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
Otober 9, 2010
AOR Received.
October 9, 2010/ 2nd AOR Feb. 9,2011
IELTS Request
with FD on Jan. 19, 2011
Med's Request
In-Process : March 5,2012/ MED Request: March 16, 2012,
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012, Receive by VO on April 17, 2012, ECAS showing Medicals received on May 6, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped: July 27, 2012/Passport back from CEM:August 2, 2012
LANDED..........
February 21, 2013
Hi!...I hope those who have shared comments, advices on this thread wouldn't mind me asking this question. I just thought that this thread is addressed on Visit and PR.

Anyway, I need to hear advices from the experts..the situation is..I have a pending PR application awaiting for my 2nd AOR from Manila VO. I've sent my FD on January 19,2011. But on May 2011 I am planning to go to Canada on visit visa to take CRNE and I will apply this visa here in Riyadh,KSA. Do you think this visit visa will not affect my PR application? I'm worried might the Consul think that I will overstay in Canada since I have ongoing PR application. And if in the event I will be rejected for visit visa, will this give a negative impact on my PR application? What do you think?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
westy888 said:
just looked at that site and sadly iam 31 so not in the requirements ( too old ) :(

if iam a visitor ( get another extention ) when being sponsored then am i live outside or that lives in canada if i can stay in canada while the sponsorship is being assessed as outside says 36 days for my girlfriends assessment then 9 months but inside takes 9-10 month and then another 9 months

westy
If you apply inland, you must stay in Canada. If you decide after a few months that you are broke and go back to the UK to work and they find out, your application is out the window. If you leave Canada and for some reason are not allowed back in, it is also gone. If your application gets complicated and you don't get your first stage approval after 9 months, you are basically stuck in Canada without being able to work because you don't get a work permit and you can't leave or your application is gone.

If you apply outland, you can still be in Canada as a visitor or you can be in the UK. Doesn't matter. You would still have to apply to extend visit status if you want to be in Canada more than 6 months. The 9 months listed for London is for 80% of cases so the average case should be processed faster. You would most likely have your PR by outland way faster than you would even have the first stage approval with inland.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
i was going to ask about all that leon last night before i went to sleep but was tired and knew i would word it wrong or something as of that i didnt and i wake up to find you have explain it for me :)
i think as what you have said the best way would be outland not only for the money but as it seems less hassle and alot faster ( as i think its taken too long anyway if iam honest and can see why people are put off or get down hearted about it all ) plus if it takes longer or any problems with inland iam stuck too like you say
so when you apply for outland yet stay in canada if you get another extention ( another if lol ) it says you have to attend a interview, on the form does it say/ask where you are or you just write down both the person who sponsoring you and your home address for them to send the info about the interview and i assume the interview is in canada too from how i read it do they just give you a date and time and you have to be there or agree it with you first and how much notice do they give also ( just asking for if i do go back to uk for anything i can be ready for it when it arrives or iam told when it is )

one last thing leon i have mentioned it early in this post about what i should say when asked what my relationship is to my girlfriend and from other peoples comments on other post iam still unclear as i will be visiting her like every 3 months for like 3 weeks ( to i say friend or girlfriend the main reason i need to know is like i said every 3 months isnt what friends do really and i dont want them to see iam coming and to see the same person a female everytime and we only friends as iam sure they wont believe it everytime will they ? ) as its so hard not being together yet cant do or rush into anything/everything until we have everything we need to make sure it goes as it should without any problems

think that is everything for now look forward to your replys :)

westy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can say you are coming to visit your girlfriend. If you have a job in the UK, get a letter from your employer stating that you are employed by him since date x and that you are expected to return from vacation on date y. That is just in case they ask. You do not have to volunteer that. Also make sure you have a return ticket, also in case they ask.

You still must live together for 12 months at some point before you can apply for sponsorship unless you get married.

If you apply outland, if they ask for an interview, it will be in London. When you apply, you can list an address in the UK but a mailing address in Canada. That way your girlfriend will get all the letters for you from immigration.

If you apply inland, if you don't get first stage approval, there will be an interview at some point in Canada to clarify why you didn't get first stage approval and see if they will approve you after that interview or if you do get first stage approval, you will get an appointment for a landing interview where you will get your PR.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
so you saying not every case when outland they ask for a interview as thats what it said on the link baloo has given ( thats its required )

so i would have to travel back to uk for interview ( if needed to ) is the interview at the end of or start or anytime during the process ( what are they looking for from me in the interview things about us me and my girlfriend or just what i intend on doing in canada if they give me the PR or both ) do you know ?

a landing inteview ? what is this just to go through things that i can and cant do or a more intense one or just to give me my PR

i will always get a return ticket as mostly they are just as cheap than one way ( its true lol )

westy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Outland doesn't always ask for an interview. In fact I think it is the minority of cases. It is mostly if they are not 100% ready to approve, they have questions about if your relationship is real etc. They may ask you questions about your relationship, about your gf.

An inland interview if you don't get first stage approval would be similar, they have questions about your relationship or some problem with your application.

An inland landing interview is just to give you the PR.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
thank you leon i guess the best way is outland now for quickness and when time comes to applying iam sure we will go that route as well cause it leave the door open for me to return home and sort everything out that is needed to before i hopefully get the PR

thank you

westy